Comes a time. Neil Young.




1. Goin' back.

In a foreign land there were creatures at play, running hand in hand, leading nowhere to stay, driven to the mountains high, they were sunken in the cities deep, living in my sleep.

I feel like goin' back, back where there's nowhere to stay, when fire fills the sky, I'll still remember that day, these rocks I'm climbin' down have already left the ground, careening through space.

I used to build these buildings, I used to walk next to you, their shadows tore us apart and now we do what we do, driven to the mountains high, sunken in the cities deep, living in our sleep.

I feel like goin' back, back where there's nowhere to stay, I feel like goin' back, back where there's nowhere to stay, I feel like goin' back, back where there's nowhere to stay.


2. Comes a time.

Comes a time when you're driftin', comes a time when you settle down, comes a light, feelin's liftin', lift that baby right up off the ground. Oh, this old world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down, there comes a time.

You and I, we were captured, we took our souls and we flew away, we were right, we were giving, that's how we kept what we gave away. Oh, this old world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down, there comes a time.

Oh, this old world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down, there comes a time…


3. Look out for my love.

There's a lot to learn for wastin' time, there's a heart that burns, there's an open mind. Look out for my love, look out for my love, look out for my love, look out for my love, you own it, you own it now, you own it.

There's a weight on you but you can't feel it, living like I do, it's hard for you to see it, was I hurt too bad, can I show you daylight, how could I be sad when I know that you might. Look out for my love, look out for my love, look out for my love, look out for my love, look out for my love, it's in your neighborhood, I know things are gonna change but I can't say bad or good.

Silver wings of morning shinin' in the gray day while the ice is forming on a lonely runway, hydraulic wipers pumpin' 'til the window glistens, somethin' sayin' something, no one seems to listen, men with walkie-talkies, men with flashlights waving, up upon the tower time reads daylight savings, I'm home again to you babe, you know it makes me wonder, sitting in the quiet slipstream in the thunder. Look out for my love, look out for my love, look out for my love, look out for my love.


4. Lotta love.

It's gonna take a lotta love to change the way things are, it's gonna take a lotta love or we won't get too far, so if you look in my direction and we don't see eye to eye, my heart needs protection and so do I.

It's gonna take a lotta love to get us thru the night, it's gonna take a lotta love to make things work out right, so if you are out there waiting I hope you show up soon ‘cause my heart needs relating, not solitude. Gotta lotta love, gotta lotta love.

It's gonna take a lotta love to change the way things are, it's gonna take a lotta love or we won't get too far, it's gonna take a lotta love to change the way things are, it's gonna take a lotta love or we won't get too far.


5. Peace of mind.


You know it takes a long, long time, you know it takes a long, long time, you love her so and still you know that you will never want to let her go unless you leave her first, then you come out on top, but still there's just one thing you haven't got. Peace of mind like when you treated her kind, it's hard to face that open space.

You know it takes a long, long time, you know it takes a long, long time, when first you gave and shared your soul, showed her all those things that take their toll, she knows your weak spot but she still gets you hot, so you do it again, reveal what lies within. And go for peace of mind like when you treated her kind, it's hard to face that open space.

You're lookin' for peace of mind anywhere you can find, still searchin' for peace of mind. You know it takes a long, long time, you know it takes
a long, long time…


6. Human highway.


I come down from the misty mountain, I got lost on the human highway, take my head, refreshing fountain, take my eyes from what they've seen, take my head and change my mind, how could people get so unkind.

I come down from the crooked mansion, I went looking for the D.J.'s daughter, since that day I heard it mentioned that my name is on the line, now my name is on the line, how could people get so unkind.

Now, my name is on the line, how could people get so unkind. I come down from the misty mountain, I got lost on the human highway, take my head, refreshing fountain, take my eyes from what they've seen, take my head and change my mind, how could people get so unkind.


7. Already one.

What can I do, what can I say running down this suspicious highway, I can't forget how love let me down and when we meet it still gets in my way, but we're already one, already one, now only time can come between us, 'cause we're already one our little son won't let us forget.

Your laughing eyes, your crazy smile, every time I look in his face I can't believe how love lasts a while And looks like forever in the first place, but we're already one, already one, now only time can come between us, 'cause we're already one our little son won't let us forget.

In my new life I'm travelin' light, eyes wide open for the next move, I can't go wrong 'til I get right but I'm not falling back in the same groove, but we're already one, already one, now only time can come between us, 'cause we're already one our little son won't let us forget.


8. Field of opportunity.


I've been wrong before and I'll be there again, I don't have any answers my friend, just this pile of old questions my memory left me here, in the field of opportunity it's plowing time again.

I'm going' back to my house but I'm not going now, it's too early to be leaving here, somehow, let me bore you with this story, how my lover let me down, while I borrow seeds of sadness from the ground. In the field of opportunity it's plowing time again, there ain't no way of telling where these seeds will rise or when, I'll just wait around 'til springtime and then I'll find a friend, in the field of opportunity it's plowing time again.

When I'm all done cultivating I'll be rockin' on the porch, trying to picture you and where you are, and there'll be no hesitating when Cupid lights the torch, with those headlights coming down the hill between the stars. In the field of opportunity it's plowing time again, there ain't no way of telling where these seeds will rise or when, I'll just wait around 'til springtime and then I'll find a friend, in the field of opportunity it's plowing time again, in the field of opportunity it's plowing time again.


9. Motorcycle mama.


Motorcycle mama, won't you lay your big spike down, motorcycle mama, won't you lay your big spike down, I always get in trouble when you bring it round, motorcycle mama, won't you lay it down. I'm runnin', I'm runnin', I'm runnin' down the proud highway, yeah, I'm runnin', I'm runnin', I'm runnin' down the proud highway, and as long as I keep moving I won't need a place to stay.

Motorcycle mama, won't you lay your big spike down, motorcycle mama, won't you lay your big spike down, I always get in trouble when you bring that round, motorcycle mama, won't you lay it down. Well I'm here dirty lover, I hope you can read my mail, I just escaped last night from the memory county jail, I see your box is open and you flag is up, my message is ready if there's time enough.

Motorcycle mama, won't you lay your big spike down, motorcycle mama, won't you lay your big spike down, motorcycle mama, won't you lay it down.


10. Four strong winds.

Think I’ll go out to Alberta, weather’s good there in the fall, I got some friends that I could go working for, still I wish you’d change your mind if I asked you one more time but we’ve been through this a hundred times or more.

Four strong winds that blow lonely, seven seas that run high, all those things that don’t change come what may, if the good times are all gone then I’m bound for moving on, I’ll look for you if I‘m ever back this way.

If I get there before the snow flies and if things are looking good, you could meet me if I send you down the fare, but by then it would be winter, not too much for you to do, and those winds sure can get cold way out there.

Four strong winds that blow lonely, seven seas that run high, all those things that don’t change come what may, if the good times are all gone then I’m bound for moving on, I’ll look for you if I‘m ever back this way.

Still I wish you’d change your mind if I asked you one more time but we’ve been through that a hundred times or more. Four strong winds that blow lonely, seven seas that run high, all those things that don’t change come what may, if the good times are all gone then I’m bound for moving on, I’ll look for you if I‘m ever back this way, I’ll look for you if I‘m ever back this way.


· · ·
Año: 1978.
Procedencia de la banda: Toronto (Ontario), Canadá.
· · ·

2 comentarios:

Benet dijo...

Bueno...que voy a decir de esta maravilla. Uno de mis discos preferidos. Una obra maestra.
Puede que tenga otros de mejores (Harvest) pero Comes A Time es una joya.

La espuma del sonido dijo...

A mi también me encanta, mis predilectos son este y el primero aunque todos los de su primera época son geniales como el que tu dices o el 'Everybody knows this is nowhere'. Una leyenda viva...

Publicar un comentario