Wish you were here. Badfinger.




1. Just a chance.

Doesn't matter what you think I do, all I wanna do is see it through, you may say it's not a great romance but all I want from you is just a chance to try any way at all, don't you think we know it has to hurt, are minds that small?

I won't tell you if it's short or long, all I know is that it don't feel wrong, you may say it's not a great romance but all we want from you is just a chance to try any way we can, don't you think we know it has to hurt, won't you understand?

Doesn't matter what you think I do, all I wanna do is see it through, you may say it's not a great romance but all I want from you is just a chance to try any way we can, don't you think we know it has to hurt, won't you understand?


2. You’re so fine.

Let me see your face, let me see you smile, none can measure your love in miles, only you can comfort me, you're so fine. You can take me up, you can bring me down, put my feet back on the ground, since you got a hold on me I'm alive, I'm alive.

Builds around me fences, put my back against the wall, you broke into my world and made me crawl, broken my defenses, made me want you more and more, came into my life, I asked for more, more and more.

Can't get enough, enough of your love, I've learned my lesson well, now it's good enough, maybe someday the world will come, I'm alive, I'm alive.

Builds around me fences, put my back against the wall, you broke into my world and made me crawl, broken my defenses, made me want you more and more, you came into my life, I asked for more, more and more.


3. Got to get out of here.

Gotta get outta here, a man who feels the space begins to need the wall, gotta be others near, maybe someone fills the space behind the fault, maybe not at all, maybe not at all.

Baby, a man gets wise, to running 'round in circles, he ain't got no choice, only the fool survives, running 'round in circles trying to make some noise, got no choice, he's got no choice. Well, I learned to live without face, learned to feed my soul, I can learn the chords to right place, hang onto my own.

I gotta find a place, see and dream, who knows which way the dice will fall, I got a mind to face but maybe I can find my place behind the wall, maybe not at all, maybe not at all.

Well, I gotta get out of here, gotta be others near, I gotta find a place, somewhere without a race, I gotta know it all, don't wanna be alone, somewhere I wanna be, something I really see, gotta get out of here, gotta get out of here, gotta get out of here.


4. Know one knows.

No one knows it, no one knows it, no one knows it, no, no one knows how good I feel when I see you glow, no one knows it, no one knows it, no one knows it, no, no one knows how good I feel when you let it show. Keep it coming, keep it long, caress me with your body song, reach it higher with each sigh knowing soon that we will fly.

No one knows it, no one knows it, no one knows it, no, no one knows how good I feel when I see you glow, no one knows it, no one knows it, no one knows it, no, no one knows how good I feel when you let it flow. Keep it moving, keep it bright and guide me with your body light, come in closer with each sigh knowing soon that we will fly.

Keep on feeling, keep it whole and lead me with your body soul, take me higher with each sigh knowing you can make me fly. No one knows, no one knows, no one knows, no one knows how good I feel when you let it show, no one knows, no one knows how good I feel when I see you glow.


5. Dennis.

Deeper waters flowed, recently it showed, tryin' to cover your head, tryin' to frighten you, tryin' to fight with you, really getting you scared, but don't you worry, you love of mine, pretty soon it will all be fine and we'll just go on.

Higher hills to climb, climbin' all the time, tryin' to find a way through, fallin' down again, on the ground again, wonderin' what you can do, but don't you worry, you love of ours, they look like weeds but they're really flowers and they'll soon be gone.

You won't stand up, you won't sit down, your head's a mile above the ground, and though we tend to scold you now I couldn't start to tell you how, we couldn't start to tell you how there's just no way to say how much we love you. You, little Dennis, you, you're full of new surprise, love you, you, little Dennis with the rascal in your eyes, you're a prize.

It could be bad, it could be worse, you're taking out your mother's purse, and though you cried when you got told the money there was for the old to keep their dogs from getting cold, the only thing that can't be sold is love. You, little Dennis, you, you're full of new surprise, love you, you, little Dennis with the rascal in your eyes.

Will you pick up your toys? Will you be a good boy? Will you please, please? There's a way, there's a way, if you'll play, if you'll stay, there's a way through, there's a way to, take away blue, take away blue. There's a way, there's a way, if you'll play, if you'll stay, there's a way through, there's a way to, take away blue, take away blue…


6. In the meantime / Some other time.

Your eyes stick out in your head, make me believe it, you don't need it, you don't need it, you already know, any time with time in the meantime you can leave it or not believe it, you're already here.

But in the middle of the oceans things don't appear this way, to speak of love, devotion and dyin' first you must realize, and man, can you spare the pain? And in the heat of your emotions everything leads me to stay, build a house on higher ground, man, help me make the change, a man can respect the change.

Wear your hair long, sing a love song, don't you believe it, you don't need it, you already know, any time with time in the meantime, you can leave it and not believe it, you're already here.

I can remember knowing you better some other time, low song, I can remember being in love with a friend of mine, I've seen it before, now it's always the same, nothing can change any part, I know what you're doin', I think it's a shame, I'm gonna have to make a new start.

I can remember some other time I could believe in, love has a reason for holdin' on, hold on, I can remember being together and feeling strong but somehow we lost it, drifted apart, it really took a piece of my heart, I've done it before now, it's always the same, I'm gonna have to make a new start, I can remember some other time.

I've seen it before now, it's always the same, nothing can change any part, I know what you're doin', I think it's a shame, I'm gonna have to make a new start, I can remember some other time, I can remember some other time.


7. Love time.

Every day I look into your eyes, I see a love that's there, I see myself and stare, loving you so many different ways, a kind of harmony, another part of me makes it harder now. If it's easy to believe it, it's hard to realize, as easy to believe it as the love that's in your eyes.

Well if it's easy to believe it it's hard to realize, as easy to believe it as the love that's in your eyes. Found amongst the laughter and the tears, love I had inside, love I used to hide, makes it harder now, harder now.


8. Kind of the load.

He's the king of the road, the old man, the child, the joker running wild, making it funny, he's of no fixed abode when he carries the load, he'll do anything he can to make it funny, but he'll never say die if he's livin' a lie, pick up his hat and go, if there's reason to cry he'll just make it a sigh and wander on down the road.

He's a natural friend with the money to lend or whatever it takes to turn you on, too, he's the father, the son, he don't owe anyone, all his debts are all paid with his confection, then he'll wander away with no time in his way, pick up his hat and go, he'll never say die if he's livin' a lie, just wander on down the road, wander on down the road.

And he'll wander away with no time in his way, pick up his hat and go, he never said die, he was livin' a lie, just wandered on down the road, wandered on down the road, wandered on down the road.


9. Meanwhile back at the ranch / Should I smoke.

Why do you think me so hard to get? Is there something they might regret? Is it better to just forget, just forget? If they only would let us know then we'd know just how far to go but instead they just tell us, no, tell us, no.

You, you always played the fool, you always played the fool, you always break the rule at every single school you know, you always break the rule, it always pulled you down, they could always pull you down. You, you never stayed the same, you never stayed the same, and now you take the blame for all the little games they play, you always take the blame, and let it bring you down, why'd you let it bring you down?

Why do you think me so hard to get? Is there something they might regret? Is it better to just forget, just forget? If they only would let us know then we'd know just how far to go but instead they just tell us, no, tell us, no.

You, you never stayed the same, you never stayed the same, and now you take the blame for all the little games they play, you always take the blame, and let it bring you down, why'd you let it bring you down?

Should I smoke or should I die? Somebody must tell me why, should I laugh, should I cry, won't somebody help me? Don't know what to say, you're making me better, I've learned how to pray, change in the weather today, don't know what to do, just makes it hard to lose.

The day passes by, nobody listens and nobody cries, for anyone's mission today, don't know what to do, just makes it hard to choose. Should I smoke or should I die? Somebody must tell me why, should I laugh, should I cry, won't somebody help me?


· · ·
Año: 1974.
Procedencia de la banda: Swansea, Gales.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario