Fresh Raspberries. Raspberries.




1. I wanna be with you.

If we were older we wouldn't have to be worried tonight, baby, oh, I wanna be with you, so bad, yes, I wanna be with you, oh, darling, oh, I wanna be with you, oh yeah, yeah, I wanna be with you, well tonight's, tonight, the night, we always knew it would feel so right, so come on baby, I just wanna be with you.

Someday's a long time and we've been waiting so long to be here, baby, oh, I wanna be with you, so bad, yes, I wanna be with you, oh, darling, oh, I wanna be with you, oh yeah, yeah, I wanna be with you, well tonight's, tonight, the night, we always knew it would feel so right, so come on baby, I just wanna be with you.

Hold me tight, our love could live forever after tonight, if you believe that what we're doing is right close your eyes and be still, baby, oh, I wanna be with you, so bad, yes, I wanna be with you, oh, darling, oh, I wanna be with you, oh yeah, yeah, I wanna be with you, well tonight's, tonight, the night, we always knew it would feel so right, so come on baby, I just wanna be with you.

Oh, I wanna be with you, so bad, yes, I wanna be with you, oh, darling, oh, I wanna be with you, oh yeah, yeah, I wanna be with you, well tonight's, tonight, the night, we always knew it would feel so right, so come on baby, I just wanna be with you.


2. Goin' nowhere tonight.

Goin' nowhere tonight, mama, I'm gonna be stayin' home, you walked out a week ago and I'm here sittin' by my telephone, hoping you might change your mind, feeling sorry, I was so unkind. Goin' nowhere tonight mama, can't take it no more, I called your number and your daddy said, you've just gone out the door.

How could you throw it all away? I'd never thought I'd see the day when I'd be goin' nowhere tonight, mama, I'm gonna be stayin' home, you walked out a week ago, and I'm here sittin' by my telephone, hopin' you might change your mind, feelin' sorry I was so unkind.

Goin' nowhere tonight, mama, goin' nowhere tonight, mama, goin' nowhere tonight, mama.


3. Let's pretend.

I can't sleep nights wishing you were here beside me, can't help feeling that's the way it ought to be, you know we could run, run, run away, but I couldn't bear to hear the things they'd say, oh no. Baby, let's pretend that tonight could live forever, if we close our eyes and believe it might come true, baby, let's pretend we could always be together but for now just let me spend the night with you.

Somehow someday things are gonna be so different, don't cry, someway I promise it'll be allright, so now that we're all alone I couldn't bear to leave to take you home, oh no. Baby, let's pretend that tonight could live forever, if we close our eyes and believe it might come true, baby, let's pretend we could always be together but for now just let me spend the night with you.

So take me now, my love can't wait, we're almost there now, darlin', darlin', hold me, hold me, hold me, hold me, hold me. Baby, let's pretend that tonight could live forever, if we close our eyes and believe it might come true, baby, let's pretend we could always be together but for now just let me spend the night with you.

Baby, let's pretend that tonight could live forever, if we close our eyes and believe it might come true, baby, let's pretend we could always be together but for now just let me spend the night with you.


4. Every way I can.

I said, come on, yeah, come on, oh, I've been looking for someone just like you, come on, yeah, come on, oh, together we could find out what to do. It's not easy when you fall in love but I'm willing to try, yes I am, 'cause I've been thinking 'bout loving you, oh, every way I can.

I said, come on, baby, come on, try, I know you were hurt by that other guy, I said, come on, baby, come on, please, to make you happy I'm on my knees. It's not easy having just one girl but I'm willing to try, yes I am, 'cause I've been thinking 'bout loving you, oh, every way I can.

I said, come on, baby, come on, try, we got this chance, don't let it pass you by, I said, come on, baby, come on, please, if you make me happy then I'll never leave. It's not easy when you fall in love but I'm willing to try, yes I am, 'cause I've been thinking 'bout loving you, oh, every way I can, every way I can, every way I can.


5. I reach for the light.

I can't begin to count the times I have been by myself, I lie awake, my lonely room tells me there's no one else, no one else, I reach for the light, it shines above my head, reveals the bed that you're not in, I reach for the light, it shines across the room and brings to mind what might have been.

I tell myself I'm better off, no one can have me now, I see your crumpled photograph, it makes me laugh aloud, laugh aloud, I reach for the light, it shines above my head, reveals the bed that you're not in, I reach for the light, it shines across the room and brings to mind what might have been. And I wish I could forget how good you look, tonight, when you smiled at me and walked away with him, oh, no.

I reach for the light, it shines above my head, reveals the bed that you're not in, I reach for the light, it shines across the room and brings to mind what might have been. I reach for the light, now, I reach for the light, I tell myself I'm better off, no one can hurt me now, I reach for the light, I see your crumpled photograph, it makes me laugh aloud, I reach for the light, I lay awake, my lonely room tells me there's no one there, I reach for the light.


6. Nobody knows.

When I see the way she looks at him hurts so bad, you know, it's such a sin to see her love him while I just walk on by. Nobody knows what it does to me, nobody knows, no one could ever see, nobody knows what it does to me.

Now those tender looks upon her face are meant for someone else who's in my place and he's her lover the way I used to be. Nobody knows what it does to me, nobody knows, no one could ever see, nobody knows what it does to me.

I can see her dancing with someone else holding him so close while I'm by myself, I just want to hit him but that won't do, all I know is I've got to find some way I can get to you.

When I see the way she holds his hand it burns inside me, I can't understand how could she love him the way she once loved me. Nobody knows what it does to me, nobody knows, no one could ever see, nobody knows what it does to me, nobody knows what it does to me, nobody knows, no one could ever see, nobody knows what it does to me, nobody knows.


7. It seemed so easy.

Remembering our love, babe, remembering the good days, the days when we both thought it would stay, just thinking about you so warm there beside me, I'd look in your eyes and then you'd say words of love to me of how it would always be, and how the cloudy days had all gone by but now I'm wonderin', babe, if it was all a lie, because it seemed so easy when you said goodbye.

I'm tryin' to see, babe how it's gonna be, it's useless, I know, each day goes so slow, but I'll always try, babe, can't accept your goodbye, I'd remember your voice so soft as you'd sigh words of love to me of how it would always be and how the cloudy days had all gone by, but now I'm wonderin', babe, if it was all a lie, because it seemed so easy when you said goodbye.

If I could stop, tell my heart not to love you, I'd have no reason to go on. I'm tryin' to see, babe, how it's gonna be, it's useless, I know, each day goes so slow, but I'll always try, babe, can't accept your goodbye, I'd remember your voice so soft as you'd sigh words of love to me of how it would always be and how the cloudy days had all gone by, but now I'm wonderin', babe, if it was all a lie, because it seemed so easy when you said goodbye…


8. Might as well.

Might as well give in, have to say it’s true, can't believe it's happened to me but, oh, I'm glad it's you, I guess you were the one from the start and try as I may I can't say that we'll part, so I might as well give in and say I love you.

All the times before, all the love we make, I was so afraid of emotions I could only take, you were there from the start and try as I may I can say that we'll part, so I might as well give in and say I love you.

All of my other loves made me so sad, don't want to find out that lovin' you, needin' you, makes you feel bad. Might as well give in, have to say it’s true, can't believe it's happened to me but, oh, I'm glad it's you, I guess you were the one from the start and try as I may I can't say that we'll part. so I might as well give in and say I love you, I love you, I love you.


9. If you change your mind.

Well, it's all been said, it's over now, I guess that I should leave, 'cause there's nothing left for me to do except to set you free, so let me leave now before I cry, I'll just go back to my room and hide, and never let no one else inside to do this again. But if you change your mind, won't you take some time and let me know that you still want me too 'cause I'll wait night and day to hear you say that you have changed your mind, won't you change your mind, if you should change your mind, oh yeah.

Well, I tried so hard to be the one that you were dreaming of but I guess it wasn't quite enough to make you fall in love, so walk away, leave me by myself and let me crawl back into my shell, and be the me that I know so well before I met you. But if you change your mind, won't you take some time and let me know that you still want me too 'cause I'll wait night and day to hear you say that you have changed your mind, won't you change your mind, if you should change your mind, oh yeah.

I'll be waiting at home, just call me up on the phone, and I'll be by your side, there's no reason to hide, if you need me just call, don't you worry at all, but if this is the end and I can't see you again, I just can't carry on, it's so hard when you're gone, it's so hard when you're gone, oh no, baby don't leave, oh baby, baby don't go, oh, baby, don't go. But if you change your mind, won't you take some time and let me know that you still want me too 'cause I'll wait night and day to hear you say that you have changed your mind, won't you change your mind, if you should change your mind, oh yeah.

But if you change your mind, won't you take some time and let me know that you still want me too 'cause I'll wait night and day to hear you say that you have changed your mind, won't you change your mind, if you should change your mind, oh yeah…


10. Drivin' around.

Long hot days we'll be catchin' the rays, oh, baby, long hot days we'll be catchin' the rays, you know my tape deck is blasting, my car's fast.

When school lets out and the summer's here we'll have some time for the sun, throw my notebooks out and put my car in gear, we'll be having some fun. Drivin' around, long hot days we'll be catchin' the rays, oh, drivin' around, long hot days we'll be catchin' the rays, you know my tape deck is blasting and my car's fast, drivin’ around.

With my girl by my side, we can go for a ride and find a place we can dance, when it get real dark we can stop in the park and have a back seat romance. Drivin' around, long hot days we'll be catchin' the rays, oh, drivin' around, long hot days we'll be catchin' the rays, you know my tape deck is blasting and my car's fast, drivin’ around.

I'll be waiting all through the year just to get you alone with nobody near, baby don't be late 'cause I just can't wait, all I wanna do is make love to you.

With my girl by my side, we can go for a ride and find a place we can dance, when it get real dark we can stop in the park and have a back seat romance. Drivin' around, long hot days we'll be catchin' the rays, oh, drivin' around, long hot days we'll be catchin' the rays, you know my tape deck is blasting and my car's fast, drivin’ around…


· · ·
Año: 1972.
Procedencia de la banda: Cleveland (Ohio), Estados Unidos.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario