Friends. The Beach Boys.




1. Meant for you.

As I sit and close my eyes there's peace in my mind and I'm hoping that you'll find it too, and these feelings in my heart, I know are meant for you, meant for you.


2. Friends.

We've been friends now for so many years, we've been together through the good times and the tears, turned each other on to the good things that life has to give. We drift apart for a little bit of a spell, one night I get a call and I know that you're well, and days I was down you would help me get out of my hole.

Let's be friends, let's be friends, let's be friends. You told me when my girl was untrue, I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool, I talked your folks out of making you cut off your hair. We've been friends now for so many years, we've been together through the good times and the tears.


3. Wake the world.

One by one the stars appear, the light of the day is no longer here. One by one the stars disappear, the sky grows brighter every minute of the sunrise.

Wake the world with a brand new morning, say hello to another fine morning, got my face in the running water, making my life so much brighter, moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me.

Wake the world with a brand new morning, say hello to another fine morning, wouldn't miss it for all of its glory, I'll be there when you're calling me. One by one the stars appear, the light of the day is no longer here.


4. Be here in the morning.

It's been such a long day so you better hurry home, lit all my incense and I wish you were home, only five minutes and you walk through my door. Be here in the morning, be here in the evening, be here and make my life full, be here in the morning, be here in the evening, be here and make my life.

Stay here on the weekend and unplug the phone, alright then, no calls from Korthoff, Parks, or Grillo, I only hope that you come here alone. Be here in the morning, be here in the evening, be here and make my life full, be here in the morning, be here in the evening, be here and make my life.

Be here in the morning, be here in the evening, be here and make my life.


5. When a man needs a woman.

You know it makes you nervous when you wait for you, boy, you wait nine months for a bundle of joy, there's a baby, yes, there's a baby about to be born. And someday I'll put my son on my knee, and his little eyes will be looking at me, then I'll tell him when a man needs a woman they make things like you, my son.

When a man needs a woman they make things like you, my son, a man needs a woman like a woman needs a man, when the two get together, oh. Pretty soon we'll be a family of three, then it's not gonna be just you and me, we'll share all the goodies with the one we bring in the world. When a man needs a woman they make things like you, my son.


6. Passing by.

Canción instrumental.


7. Anna Lee, the healer.

Anna Lee, Anna Lee, the healer, healer with the healing hands, makes you well as quick as she can, you'd love to see those smiling eyes of Anna Lee.

From the Himalaya mountain side up in Rishikesh to a California beach house facing towards the sea goes a gal who got her fame by going round healing folks. Anna Lee, Anna Lee, the healer, healer with the healing hands makes you well as quick as she can, you'd feel those healing hands of Anna Lee.

When she gets a chance to help someone she's really happy, if you trust her with your ill she'll quickly make you see, she can fix things up for you just like she did for me. Anna Lee, Anna Lee, the healer, she cures people with her hands, I'm just one of her many fans, you'd love to feel those healing hands of Anna Lee, the healer, the healer, the healer, the healer.


8. Little bird.

Little bird up in a tree looked down and sang a song to me, of how it began. The trout in the shiny brook gave the worm another look and told me not to worry about my life. Tree in my own backyard stands all alone, bears fruit for me and it tastes so good.

Where's my pretty bird, he must have flown away, if I keep singing he'll come back someday. Dawn, bird's still gone, guess I'll go mow the lawn, what a day, what a day, oh, what a beautiful day this is.

Little bird up in a tree looked down a sang a song to me, the trout in a shiny brook gave the worm another look and told me not to worry about my life. Little bird looked down and sang a song to me…


9. Be still.

You know, you know you are, be still and know you are, your life is meant for joy, it's all so deep within, oh. Your life is beautiful, a seed becomes a tree, a mountain into a sky, this life is meant to be, oh.

Now is the time life begins, take that simple path and love will set you free, live in harmony and love will set you free, oh. You know, you know you are, be still and know you are, you know, you know you are, be still and know you are.


10. Busy doin' nothin’.

I had to fix a lot of things this morning 'cause they were so scrambled but now it's okay, I tell you I've got enough to do, the afternoon was filled up with phone calls, what a hot sticky day, the air is cooling down.

Take all the time you need, it's a lovely night, if you decide to come you're gonna do it right, drive for a couple miles, you'll see a sign and turn left for a couple blocks, next is mine, you'll turn left on a little road, it's a bumpy one, you'll see a white fence, move the gate and drive through on the left side, come right in and you'll find me in my house somewhere keeping busy while I wait.

I get a lot of thoughts in the morning, I write them all down, if it wasn't for that I'd forget them in a while, and lately I've been thinking about a good friend I'd like to see more of, yeah, I think I'll make a call.

I wrote a number down but I lost it so I searched through my pocket book, I couldn't find it so I sat and concentrated on the number and slowly it came to me, so I dialed it, and I let it ring a few times, there was no answer so I let it ring a little more, still no answer, so I hung up the telephone, got some paper and sharpened up a pencil and wrote a letter to my friend.


11. Diamond head.

Canción instrumental.


12. Transcendental meditation.

Transcendental meditation can emancipate the man and get you feeling grand. Fusion of the never changing wind, the ever changing wind, the never changing world, it's good, it's good, good, good, good.

Transcendental meditation can emancipate the man and get you feeling grand, it's good.


· · ·
Año: 1968.
Procedencia de la banda: Hawthorne (California), Estados Unidos.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario