Eat to the beat. Blondie.




1. Dreaming.

When I met you in the restaurant you could tell I was no debutante, you asked me what's my pleasure, a movie or a measure? I'll have a cup of tea and tell you of my dreaming, dreaming is free, dreaming, dreaming is free.

I don't want to live on charity, pleasure's real or is it fantasy? Reel to reel is living rarity, people stop and stare at me, we just walk on by, we just keep on dreaming.

Feet, feet, walking a two mile, meet, meet, meet me at the turnstile, I never met him, I'll never forget him, dream, dream, even for a little while, dream, dream, filling up an idle hour, fade away, radiate.

I sit by and watch the river flow, I sit by and watch the traffic go, imagine something of your very own, something you can have and hold, I'd build a road in gold just to have some dreaming, dreaming is free…


2. Hardest part.

Twenty five tons of hardened steel rolls on no ordinary wheel, inside the armoured car ride two big armed guards, in a bullet-proof vest, shatterproof glass, overdrive, we're gonna pass, twenty five tons of hardened steel rolls on no ordinary wheel. The hardest part of the armoured guard, big man of steel behind the steering wheel.

Nitro and acetylene open la machine, no short heist, no overnight, big money take you to Brazil, bullet-proof vest, shatterproof glass, overdrive, we're gonna pass, time bomb, greasy mob, count down, hurry up, come on. The hardest part of the armoured guard, big man of steel behind the steering wheel.

In a wire mesh cage with a twelve gauge, radio, we're coming fast, oh, I need to feel some hardened steel, deliver the big money deal, of the armoured guard here's what I heard, I'll tell you that he will no matter what you feel. The hardest part of the armoured guard, big man of steel behind the steering wheel, twenty five tons of hardened steel deliver the big money deal.


3. Union City blue.

Oh, what are we gonna do, Union, Union, Union City blue? Tunnel to the other side, it becomes daylight, I say he's mine. Oh power, passion plays a double hand, Union, Union, Union City man, arrive, climb up for flights to the orange side, rearrange my mind, in turquoise Union, Union, Union City blue, skyline, passion, Union City blue.

Power, passion plays a double hand, Union, Union, Union City man, I say he's mine, I have a plan, I say he's my Union City man. Oh, what are we gonna do, Union, Union, Union City blue?...


4. Shayla.

Shayla worked in a factory, she wasn't history, she's just a number, one day she gets her final pay and she goes far away. Green trees call to me, I am free but life is so cheap, scenery is still outside of me, all alone, trapped by its beauty.

Shayla turned to run away, to leave in peace and end her stay, years of fear were in her way, lost in space and down she came. Suddenly some subtle entity, some cosmic energy brushed her like shadows, down here we stop to wonder, cars on the freeway, bright lights and thunder.


5. Eat to the beat.

You gotta jump up to the beat, stand up on your feet, toes are tapping and you do it even when you're yapping, hey, you got a sweet tooth and I remember, stand up on your feet, toes are tapping, hey, you got a sweet tooth and I remember, sitting in the kitchen eating peanut butter, eat to the beat.

Yeah, you gotta, got, you got the beat, sweeter, sweeter, you beat your meat, I know you do it, I know you do it, I seen you, seen you, seen you, seen you chewing, hey, you got a sweet tooth and I remember, a sweeter treat, you beat your meat, I know you do it, I know you do it, oh, you got a sweet tooth and I remember, standing on the corner with a piece of pizza, eat to the beat.

Condition red. You gotta jump up to the beat, stand up on your feet, toes are tapping and you do it even when you're yapping, hey, you got a sweet tooth and I remember, I seen you, seen you, you beat your meat, I know you do it, I know you do it, hey, you got a tummy ache and I remember, sitting in the bathroom drinking Alka Seltzer, eat to the beat, eat to the beat, eat to the beat.


6. Accidents never happen.

No, I don't believe in luck, no, I don't believe in circumstance no more, accidents never happen in a perfect world so I won't believe in luck.

I saw you walking in the dark so I slipped behind your footsteps for a while, caught you turning round the block, fancy meeting in a smaller world, after all. Accidents never happen, could have planned it all, precognition in my ears, accidents never happen in a perfect world, complications disappear. Now you love me, I, yeah, I can tell, I never lied, I never cried and you, you knew so well.

Like the Magi on the hill, I can divinate your presence from afar and I'll follow you until I can bring you to a perfect world. Accidents never happen, could have planned it all, precognition in my ears, accidents never happen in a perfect world, complications disappear. Now you love me, I, yeah, I can tell, I never lied, I never cried and you, you knew so well, now you love me, I, yeah, I can tell, I never lied, I never cried and you, you knew so well.

Accidents never happen in a perfect world, accidents never happen, accidents never happen in a perfect world, accidents never happen.


7. Die young, stay pretty.

Die young, stay pretty, die young, stay pretty, die young, stay pretty, die young, stay pretty.

Deteriorate in your own time, tell them you're dead and wither away, are you living alone or with your family? A dried up twig on your family tree? Are you waiting for the reaper to arrive, or just to die by the hand of love? Love for youth, love for youth, so die young and stay pretty.

Leave only the best behind, slipping sensibilities, tragedy in your own dream, oh. You sit all alone in your rocking chair, transistor pressed against an ear, were you waiting at the bus stop all your life, or just to die by the hand of love? Love for youth, love for youth, so live fast 'cause it won't last.

Dearly near senility, dearly near senility, was it good or maybe you won't tell? Die young, stay pretty, live fast 'cause it won't last…


8. Slow motion.

What's all that commotion going on? The boy in the back on his second attack wants his baby back, wants his baby back, what's all that commotion that you hear? The girl in the back who was doing the quake got a belly-ache, she can't concentrate.

Pick up the beat, you can move like you're made out of vapour, catch me if you can is what she said with her hands, come on and take me back, can you take her back? When she gives you the beat and you get the shine, the world slows down and she stops on a dime, got a number when you close your eyes like a real magician.

Still she knows she'll never lose a thing, she can put you up on a shelf until she wants to pull the string, still you know she'll never slip away, keep time in your head, counting in your head.

Slow motion, I can play with time, I can keep today but tomorrow's fine, stop and look at the pictures rolling in your head, slow motion, you can play with time, you can leave her today but tomorrow's fine, stop and live in your dreams at night, rolling in your bed.

Still she knows she'll never lose a thing, she can put you up on a shelf until she wants to pull the string, still you know she'll never slip away, keep time in your head, counting in your head.

Slow motion, you can stop on a dime, slow motion, you ought to try it sometime, take me back on another track, take me back, take me back, slow motion, you can pick up the beat, slow motion, you can stop on the street, take me back on another track, take me back, take me back…


9. Atomic.

Make me tonight, tonight, make it right, make me tonight, tonight, tonight. Make it magnificent, tonight, right, your hair is beautiful, tonight, atomic.

Tonight make it magnificent, tonight, make me tonight, your hair is beautiful, tonight, atomic, oh, atomic. Oh, atomic, oh, atomic.


10. Sound-a-sleep.

You close your eyes and you will see micro-flashing neon lights, open your eyes and you will see it still looks like the same thing, lie and wait for sleep, and listen to your heart beat too fast for sleep, close your eyes and you will see the sound-a-sleep.

I want to go, I want to go, I want to go down, to go to sleep, your frame of reference is my swimming pool. My, my swimming pool still looks like the China Sea, pool to sea and finally the sound-a-sleep.

Feel the muscles in your face, twitch, relax, remembering everything that went down and will go down, I want to go down to sleep. Insomnia, no sleep disease, petties parking, feed me please, lie and wait for sleep, and listen to your heart beat too fast for sleep.


11. Victor.

Oh, I don't want you to go, oh, please don't leave me alone, oh. No, I don't want you to go, oh, please don't leave me alone, oh.

Dear Annett, soon I'll be with you, before they know, before the show, I'm not a whore, I dance no more, I'll be with you across the border, dearest Anastasia, I'm leaving soon, I'm sorry too, but burn this letter, burn my picture, they won't know I've crossed the border, love, Victor.

Oh, I don't want you to go, oh, please don't leave me alone, oh. No, I don't want you to go, oh, please don't leave me alone, oh.


12. Living in the real world.

Every day you've go to wake up, disappear behind your makeup, take away your calendar watch and you can't keep track until your heart attack. Hey, I'm living in a magazine, page to page in my submarine, hey now, Cindy, you can't get to me, need an elevator? Hey, I'll see you later.

Cause I'm not living in the real world, I'm not living in the real world, I'm not living in the real world, no more, no more, yeah.

I can be whatever I want to, I talk to me, I even agree, every day's a holiday, you can look through the glass and take a photograph, you will never ever walk on the moon, leave your body and float through the room, you could never conquer me ‘cause I'm not here and you're not there, yeah,

I'm not living in the real world, I'm not living in the real world, I'm not living in the real world, no more, no more, yeah, didn't I ever tell you I was gone? Didn't I ever tell you I was gone? Bye bye.

I can do anything at all, I'm invisible and I'm twenty feet tall, pull the plug on your digital clock and it all goes dark and the bodies stop. Hey, I'm living in a magazine, page to page in my teenage dream, hey, now, Mary, you can't follow me without a satellite, I'm on a power flight.

Cause I'm not living in the real world, I'm not living in the real world, I'm not living in the real world, no more, no more…


· · ·
Año: 1979.
Procedencia de la banda: Nueva York, Estados Unidos.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario