Turn! Turn! Turn! The Byrds.




1. Turn! Turn! Turn!

To everything, turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn, turn, turn, and a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to be born, a time to die, a time to plant, a time to reap, a time to kill, a time to heal, a time to laugh, a time to weep.

To everything, turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn, turn, turn, and a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to build up, a time to break down, a time to dance, a time to mourn, a time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together.

To everything, turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn, turn, turn, and a time for every purpose under heaven. A time of love, a time of hate, a time of war, a time of peace a time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing.

To everything, turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn, turn, turn, and a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to gain, a time to lose, a time to rend, a time to sew, a time to love, a time to hate, a time of peace, I swear it's not too late.


2. It won't be wrong.

Every time I see you smile, come to me, don't be long, let me tell you how my heart goes wild, please let me love you and it won't be wrong. Every time you're in my arms, come to me, don't be long, you know that I'll never do you no harm, please let me love you and it won't be wrong. Let me love you and then you'll see, come to me, come to me, let me show you once and we'll be free, please let me love you and it won't be wrong.

Every time I see you smile, come to me, don't be long, let me tell you how my heart goes wild, please let me love you and it won't be wrong. Let me love you and then you'll see, come to me, come to me, let me show you once and we'll be free, please let me love you and it won't be wrong…


3. Set you free this time.

The first thing that I heard you say when you were standing there, set in your way, was that you were not blind, you were sure to make a fool of me ‘cause there was nothing there that you could see that could go beyond your mind. Now who's standing at the door remembering the days before and asking, please be kind, it isn't how it was set up to be but I've set you free this time.

I have never been so far out in front that I could ever ask for what I want and have it any time, knowing this you found a thought for me that told you just what I should be and there I stood behind, with all the ones that went before and memories that always seems to tear me from my mind, in front of what it is you seem me to be I've set you free this time.

I could never find a chance to choose between a way to win or a thing to lose because there was your stand, on top of all the love you took there was only something you can look at lying in your hand, now who's wondering what has changed and why it can not be arranged to have each thing work fine, it isn't how it was set up to be but I'll set you free this time.


4. Lay down your weary tune.

Lay down your weary tune, lay down, lay down the song you strum and rest yourself beneath the strength of strings, no voice can hope to hum. Stuck by the sounds before the sun, I knew the night had gone, the morning breeze like a bugle blew, against the drums of dawn.

Lay down your weary tune, lay down, lay down the song you strum and rest yourself beneath the strength of strings, no voice can hope to hum. The ocean wild like an organ played, the seaweed wove its strands, the crashing waves like cymbals clashed, against the rocks and sands.

Lay down your weary tune, lay down, lay down the song you strum and rest yourself beneath the strength of strings, no voice can hope to hum. The last of leaves fell from the trees and clung to a new love's breast, the branches bare like a banjo played to the winds that listened best.

Lay down your weary tune, lay down, lay down the song you strum and rest yourself beneath the strength of strings, no voice can hope to hum.


5. He was a friend of mine.

He was a friend of mine, he was a friend of mine, his killing had no purpose, no reason or rhyme, he was a friend of mine. He was in Dallas town, he was in Dallas town, from a sixth floor window a gunner shot him down, he died in Dallas town.

He never knew my name, he never knew my name, though I never met him I knew him just the same, oh, he was a friend of mine. Leader of a nation for such a precious time, he was a friend of mine.


6. The world turns all around her.

Well if you think she's everything you could want, and if you think she's everything that could be, well, I still think the world turns all around her, and I still wish that she belonged to me.

I don't know how I ever could thought that, I'd let her go and still be just the same, well, I found out my world turned all around her, and every where I go I hear her name. Somewhere along the way, I don't know why, I thought that I would want to let her go, but now whenever I see her with you I realize how much I didn't know.

So if you tell her every day you love her, and if you tell her everything she could be, you'll find out that your world will turn around her, you'll feel the same if you should set her free.


7. Satisfied mind.

How many times have you heard someone say, if I had his money I could do things my way, but little they know that it's so hard to find one rich man in ten with a satisfied mind.

Money won't buy back your youth when you're old, a friend when you're lonely or a love that's grown cold, the wealthiest person is a pauper at times, compared to the man with a satisfied mind.

Once I was living in fortune and fame, I had all that I dreamed of to get a start in life's game, then suddenly it happened and I lost every dime, but I'm richer by far with a satisfied mind.


8. If you're gone.

If I need you, to me you’re everything, if I have you, if I love you just the same, if your here the night is likely going to fall, if your gone I'll see the daylight in that song, if I stand alone understanding what is now, if I ever need someone to show me how. If the daylight can be hidden by the sun, if your gone then I'll know why I miss someone,

If I love you, if I know how much I care, if I find the things you wanted anywhere, if I know you, I may never know your name, if you’re gone then there is nothing that remains.


9. The times they are a-changin'.

Come gather 'round people wherever you roam, admit that the waters around you have grown, accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone, if your time to you is worth savin', then you better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone, for the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, keep your eyes open, the chance won't come again, and watch what you say for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no tellin' who that it's namin', for the loser now will be later to win, for the times they are a-changin'.

Come senators, congressmen, please heed the call, don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hall, for he that gets hurt will be he who has stalled, there's a battle outside and it is ragin', then rattle your windows and shake up your walls, for the times they are a-changin'.

Come mothers and fathers throughout the land and don't criticize what you can't understand, your sons and daughters are beyond your command, your old road is rapidly agin', get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand, for the times they are a-changin'.


10. Wait and see.

Watch out what you say, don’t get in my way, I'm gonna get that girl, wait and see, I saw her today, she came by my way, I'm gonna win her love just for me. And together we'll go walkin', through the evening still be talkin', she's the kind of girl you never hardly see.

Have you seen her eyes, do you realize how much love like that can mean to me? I know she knows me, today after tea, the way she held her head when she walked by. And before the night is over I think I'm gonna love her, and if it last forever I don't care.

Say now she is mine, I told you all the time, how could I let a girl like that go by. And before the night is over I think I'm gonna love her, and if it last forever I don't care.


11. Oh! Susannah.

Well I come from Alabama with a banjo on my kneee and I'm going to Lousiana, Sasannah, for to see, oh Susannah, now don't you cry for me ‘cause I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee.

Well it rained so hard the night I left, the weather it was dry, and it was so hot I froze to death, Susannah don't you cry, oh Susannah, now don't you cry for me ‘cause I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee.

Well I come from Alabama with a banjo on my kneee and I'm going to Lousiana, Sasannah, for to see, oh Susannah, now don't you cry for me ‘cause I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee.

Well it rained so hard the night I left, the weather it was dry, and it was so hot I froze to death, Susannah don't you cry, oh Susannah, now don't you cry for me ‘cause I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee.


· · ·
Año: 1965.
Procedencia de la banda: Los Angeles (California), Estados Unidos.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario