Marshall Crenshaw. Marshall Crenshaw.




1. There she goes again.

From my window, nearly everyday, I see that girl go down my way and I think she's trying to catch my eye, standing alone I see her drive on by, there she goes again with another guy. She was my girl, not too long ago, how I lost her, I'm not sure I know, it makes no difference how I try, I get that feeling when she drives on, there she goes again with another guy.

It's a sad situation but I know just what I ought to do, I'm gonna find someone better, go have fun, little girl, I can live without you. I'll feel stronger when she's off my mind, I hope she finds what she's been trying to find, life goes on and time goes by, will her heart ever be satisfied? There she goes again with another guy.

It's a sad situation but I know just what I ought to do, I'm gonna find someone better, go have fun, little girl, I can live without you. I'll feel stronger when she's off my mind, I hope she finds what she's been trying to find, life goes on and time goes by, will her heart ever be satisfied? There she goes again with another guy…


2. Someday, someway.

I can't stand to see you sad, I can't bear to hear you cry, if you can't tell me what you need all I can do is wonder why, someday, someway, someday someway, yeah now, someday someway, maybe I'll understand you

After all you've done for me all I really want to do is take the love you brought my way and give it all right back to you, someday, someway, someday someway, yeah now, someday someway, maybe I'll understand you.

You've taken everything from me, I've taken everything from you, I'll love for my whole life through. Now after all you've done for me all I really want to do is take the love you brought my way and give it all right back to you, someday, someway, someday someway, yeah now, someday someway, maybe I'll understand you.

You've taken everything from me, I've taken everything from you, I'll love for my whole life through. I can't stand to see you sad, I can't bear to hear you cry, if you can't tell me what you need all I can do is wonder why, someday, someway, someday someway, yeah now, someday someway, maybe I'll understand you…


3. Girls...

Girls, girls, girls, when I'm walking downtown on a summer's day, yeah, girls, girls, girls, all my troubles seem ten thousand miles away.

I fall in love from my head to my feet when I'm watching all those girls walking down the street, the feeling goes to my head like red wine, you know I feel fine 'cause all I ever have in mind is girls, girls, girls, and anytime I turn on my TV, girls, girls, girls are all that I really care to see.

You know I don't want to be impolite but I need someone to hold beside me tonight, and make the feeling come on like red wine, you know I feel fine, you girls are driving me wild, and I said wild, oh girls, girls, girls, oh girls, girls, girls.

I fall in love from my head to my feet when I'm watching all those girls walking down the street, the feeling goes to my head like red wine, you know I feel fine 'cause you girls are driving me wild, and I said wild…


4. I'll do anything.

I gotta send a message, gotta send it to your heart from mine, I even wrote you a letter, I know there's no real harm in trying. I'll play the fool resignedly if it's what I have to do, 'cause you mean a lot to me I'll do anything for you.

You took a chance on something, you took a chance and now you'll see, it's gotta fall on someone, what's gotta be is gonna be but let's not talk about it, we've got better things to do, unless you want to talk about it I'll do anything for you, yeah.

I gotta send a message, gotta send it to your heart from mine, I even wrote you a letter, I know there's no real harm in trying. I'll play the fool resignedly if it's what I have to do, 'cause you mean a lot to me I'll do anything for you.

Let's not talk about it, we've got better things to do, unless you want to talk about it I'll do anything for you, yeah. I'll play the fool resignedly if it's what I have to do, 'cause you mean a lot to me I'll do anything for you, yeah, 'cause you mean a lot to me I'll do anything for you, yeah.


5. Rockin' around in N.Y.C.

Whenever idleness is making me insane, then I feel I should be getting the train on the double, here comes trouble, I hit the city and my head is a , reelin', I get the feelin' that it was really was worth going after, we're tastin' disaster. So 'round and 'round and 'round we go through seventeen lights in a row, take a hold of my hand and come with me, we'll go rockin' around in NYC.

Whenever ennui is takin' me way down, then I feel I should be gettin' to town on the double, here comes trouble, I hit the city and I'm feelin' the thunder, no need to wonder if it was really worth going after, we're tastin' disaster. So 'round and 'round and 'round we go through seventeen lights in a row, take a hold of my hand and come with me, we'll go rockin' around in NYC, around in NYC, around in NYC.

So 'round and 'round and 'round we go through seventeen lights in a row, take a hold of my hand and come with me, we'll go rockin' around in NYC.

Whenever idleness is making me insane, then I feel I should be getting the train on the double, here comes trouble, I hit the city and my head is a , reelin', I get the feelin' that it was really was worth going after, we're tastin' disaster. So 'round and 'round and 'round we go through seventeen lights in a row, take a hold of my hand and come with me, we'll go rockin' around in NYC.

So 'round and 'round and 'round we go through seventeen lights in a row, take a hold of my hand and come with me, we'll go rockin' around in NYC…


6. The usual thing.

Don't want to know about the usual thing, I never bother with the usual thing, and I only wanna shout, wanna shout, wanna feel alive, do whatever I wanna do. Just forget about the usual thing, I never bother about the usual thing, and if I didn't think you were a little bit out there too, I just wouldn't bother with you, I just wouldn't bother with you.

I wanna take you with me, I'll do most anything that you want to, when we go out together we must run wild, but first I'm warning you. Don't want to know about the usual thing, I never bother with the usual thing, and I only wanna shout, wanna shout, wanna feel alive, do whatever I wanna do. Just forget about the usual thing, I never bother about the usual thing, and if I didn't think you were a little bit out there too, I just wouldn't bother with you, I just wouldn't bother with you.

I wanna give you something, I just don't want to lose my energy, that's why I keep on trying to only be true to what's inside of me. Don't want to know about the usual thing, I never bother with the usual thing, and I only wanna shout, wanna shout, wanna feel alive, do whatever I wanna do. Just forget about the usual thing, I never bother about the usual thing, and if I didn't think you were a little bit out there too, I just wouldn't bother with you, I just wouldn't bother with you.

Don't want to know about the usual thing, I never bother with the usual thing, and I only wanna shout, wanna shout, wanna feel alive, do whatever I wanna do. Just forget about the usual thing, I never bother about the usual thing, and if I didn't think you were a little bit out there too, I just wouldn't bother with you, I just wouldn't bother with you, I just wouldn't bother with you.


7. She can't dance.

Well now baby's gone out of control, body and soul, she got to cut loose living only for the sound, of the baddest sounds around, and baby's spent all of her dough on countin' on clothes, every look every, fashion that comes on strong, baby just wants to belong. She can't dance, she can't sing but she's got to be part of that pop music thing.

Well now baby's only trying to lose all of her blues down in her heart, 'cause she's only seventeen and she means to cause a scene. She can't dance, she can't sing, she can't dance, she can't sing but she's got to part of that bang bang, head bang music, she moves to the radio, every night and day I can hear her say, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go now.

She can't dance, she can't sing, she can't dance, she can't sing but she's got to part of that bang bang, head bang music, she moves to the radio, every night and day I can hear her say, let’s go…

Well now baby's gone out of control, body and soul, she got to cut loose living only for the sound, of the baddest sounds around. She can't dance, she can't sing but she's got to be part of that pop music thing…


8. Cynical girl.

Well I'm goin' out, I'm goin' out lookin' for a cynical girl who's got no use for the real world, I'm lookin' for a cynical girl, well, I hate TV, there's gotta be somebody other than me who's ready to write it off immediately, I'm lookin' for a cynical girl. Well, I'll know right away by the look in her eye, she harbors no illusions and she's worldly-wise, and I'll know when I give her a listen that she, she's what I've been missin', what I've been missin'. I'll be lost in love and havin' some fun with my cynical girl who'll have no use for the real world, I'm lookin' for a cynical girl.

Well I'm goin' out, I'm goin' out lookin' for a cynical girl who's got no use for the real world, I'm lookin' for a cynical girl. I'll know right away by the look in her eye, she harbors no illusions and she's worldly-wise, and I'll know when I give her a listen that she, she's what I've been missin', what I've been missin'. I'll be lost in love and havin' some fun with my cynical girll who'll have no use for the real world, I'm lookin' for a cynical girl…


9. Mary Anne.

It isn't such a crime, it isn't such a shame, it happens all the time, you shouldn't take the blame, go on and have a laugh, go have a laugh on me, go on and have a laugh at all your misery. Mary Anne, Mary Anne, don't cry Mary Anne, I really wanna tell you Mary Anne, Mary Anne, I'm thinking of you, Mary Anne, Mary Anne, don't cry, Mary Anne, I really wanna tell you Mary Anne, Mary Anne, Mary Anne.

You take a look around and all you seem to see is bringing you down as down as you can be, go on and have a laugh, go have a laugh on me, go on and have a laugh at how bad it can be. Mary Anne, Mary Anne, you'll be all right, I really wanna tell you Mary Anne, Mary Anne, I'm thinking of you, Mary Anne, Mary Anne, you'll be all right, I really wanna tell you Mary Anne, Mary Anne, Mary Anne, Mary Anne.

Mary Anne, Mary Anne, I really wanna tell you, Mary Anne, Mary Anne, I'm thinking of you, Mary Anne, Mary Anne, goodnight Mary Anne, I really wanna tell you Mary Anne, Mary Anne, Mary Anne.

You take a look around and all you seem to see is bringing you down as down as you can be, go on and have a laugh, go have a laugh on me, go on and have a laugh at all your misery. Mary Anne, Mary Anne, I really wanna tell you, Mary Anne, Mary Anne, I'm thinking of you, Mary Anne, Mary Anne, don’t cry, Mary Anne, I really wanna tell you Mary Anne, Mary Anne, Mary Anne.

Mary Anne, Mary Anne, I really wanna tell you, Mary Anne, Mary Anne, I'm thinking of you, Mary Anne, Mary Anne, you’ll be alright, Mary Anne, I really wanna tell you Mary Anne, Mary Anne, Mary Anne…


10. Soldier of love.

Lay down your arms, soldier of love, and surrender to me, lay down your arms, soldier of love, and love me peacefully. Use your arms for loving me, baby, that's the way it's gotta be, there ain't no reason for you to declare war on the one that loves you so, so forget the other boys ‘cause my love is real, come off your battlefield.

Lay down your arms, soldier of love, and just surrender to me, lay down your arms, soldier of love, and love me tenderly. Use your arms to hold me tight, baby, I don't want to fight no more, the weapons you're using are hurtin' me bad and someday you're gonna see that my love pretty, baby, is the truest you've ever had, a soldier of love is hard to be.

Lay down your arms, soldier of love, and just surrender to me, lay down your arms, soldier of love, and just love me tenderly. Use your arms to please and squeeze ‘cause I'm the one that loves you so, oh, lay down your arms, soldier of love, I said, lay down your arms, soldier of love…


11. Not for me.

I see you standin' helpless, afraid to face a little sadness, if I follow your direction where would I be? But I don't have to wonder, I know definitely that it's just not for me.

Yeah, I know what happened last time, and someday you'll wake up to find that you've be waiting around for something you'll never see, I don't have to wonder I know definitely that it's just not for me. So I know what not to do ‘cause I learned it from you, yeah, now I feel sorry for you and I hope that someday I can thank you.

Now you're still waiting around for something you'll never see, I don't have to wonder, I know definitely that it's just not for me, so I know what not to do ‘cause I learned from you, I feel sorry for you and I hope that someday I can thank you.

I know what happened last time but you'll never recover lost time, if I follow your direction where would I be? I don't have to wonder, I know definitely that it's just not for me.


12. Brand new lover.

I'm feelin' dazed and dissipated, I only know one thing for sure, gotta find me a brand new lover, there isn't any other cure All my lowdown lonely feelings have been working overtime somehow, gotta find me a brand new lover, I know it better be right now, right now, right now, right now, now, right now

I've got to make some changes before the walls close in, I tell you what I'm gonna do, when the night comes down, babe, I'm lookin' for you. I need some consolation, baby, come and take my hand, gotta find me a brand new lover, I'm achin' more than I can stand, all my lowdown lonely feelings have been working overtime somehow, gotta find me a brand new lover, I know it better be right now, right now, right now, right now, now, right now.

I've got to make some changes before the walls close in, I tell you what I'm gonna do, when the night comes down babe I'm lookin' for you. I'm dazed and dissipated, I only know one thing for sure, gotta find me a brand new lover, there isn't any other cure…


· · ·
Año: 1982.
Procedencia de la banda: Detroit (Michigan), Estados Unidos.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario