Kimono my house. Sparks.




1. This town ain't big enough for both of us.


Zoo time is she and you time, the mammals are your favourite type, and you want her tonight. Heartbeat, increasing heartbeat, you hear the thunder of stampeding rhinos, elephants and tacky tigers. This town ain't big enough for the both of us, and it ain't me who's gonna leave.

Flying, domestic flying and when the stewardess is near do not show any fear. Heartbeat, increasing heartbeat, you are a khaki-coloured bombadier, it's Hiroshima that you're nearing. This town ain't big enough for both of us, and it ain't me who's gonna leave.

Daily, except for Sunday, you dawdle in to the cafe where you meet her each day. Heartbeat, increasing heartbeat, as 20 cannibals have hold of you, they need their protein just like you do. This town ain't big enough for the both of us, and it ain't me who's gonna leave.

Shower, another shower, you got to look your best for her, and be clean everywhere. Heartbeat, increasing heartbeat, the rain is pouring on the foreign town, the bullets cannot cut you down. This town ain't big enough for the both of us, and it ain't me who's gonna leave.

Census, the latest census, there'll be more girls who live in town though not enough to go round. Heartbeat, increasing heartbeat, you know that this town isn't big enough, not big enough for both of us. This town isn't big enough, not big enough for both of us, I ain't gonna leave!


2. Amateur hour.

Lawns grow plush in the hinter lands, its the perfect little setting for the one night stands. The drapes are drawn and the lights are low, its the time to put in practice what you’ve dreamed about. But she can show you what you must do to be more like people better than you. Amateur hour goes on and on, when you turn pro, you know, she lets you know. Amateur hour goes on and on, when you turn pro, you know, she tells you so.

Girls grow tops to go topless in while we sit and count the hairs, that blossom from our chin. Our voices change at a rapid pace, I could start a song at tenor and then end at bass, so choose your partners everyone if you hesitate, the good ones are gone. Amateur hour goes on and on, when you turn pro, you know, she lets you know. Amateur hour goes on and on, when you turn pro, you know, she tells you so. Oh… And Amateur Hour goes on and on, when you turn pro you know, she lets you know.

Dance, laugh, wine, dine, talk and sing, but those cannot replace what is the real thing. It's a lot like playing the violin, you cannot start off to be Yehudi Menuhin. So Amateur hour goes on and on, when you turn pro, you know, she lets you know. Amateur hour goes on and on, when you turn pro, you know, she tells you so.


3. Falling in love with myself again.

Similar mother, similar father, similar dog, cat and fish, and we'll make the same wish when the birthday candles lit. We'll both be older, we won't get our wish, yes, I think that I'm falling in love with myself again. Yes, I think I'm falling in love with myself again, yes, I think I'm falling, yes, I think I'm falling, yes, I think I'm falling in love with myself again.

With her hand in my hand and my hand in hers, don't we look a blur. Me and her and me and her, hey, kiss her, oh kiss her, our friends do concur. Yes, I think that I'm falling in love with myself again. Yes, I think I'm falling in love with myself again, yes, I think I'm falling, yes, I think I'm falling, yes, I think I'm falling in love with myself again.

I can't see with you in front of the mirror staring, staring, I can't hear myself think with all that music blaring, blaring. Yes, I'm falling, falling, falling. Yes, I'm falling, falling, falling. Yes, I think I'm falling in love with myself again.

I bring home the bacon and eat myself, here's to my health. hope that I'm feeling well. I'm burning the candle at both ends, oh well, yes, I think that I'm falling in love with myself again. Yes, I think I'm falling in love with myself again, yes, I think I'm falling, yes, I think I'm falling, yes, I think I'm falling in love with myself again. Yes, I think I'm falling in love with myself again, yes, I think I'm falling, yes, I think I'm falling, yes, I think I'm falling in love with myself again.


4. Here in heaven.


Here there are lots of things to do, and a panoramic view of the universe completely surrounding you. And here you cannot buy souveniers, for you're never going back, never,never! Basically, I guess it could be worse, yes I do suppose it could be worse.

Here there are many many sheep and the people only sleep, and awake to tell how gory and gruesome was their end, and I dont have many friends, and it's really very clean, and I’m thinking… Juliet you broke our little pact, Juliet, I'm never coming back. Up here in Heaven without you, I'm here in heaven without you. Up here in heaven without you, it is hell knowing that your health will keep you out of here for many many years.

Dear do you often think of me as you overlook the sea? Do I qualify as dearly departed or am I that sucker in the sky, the fall guy for the first and the last time? Juliet, I thought we had agreed, now I know why you let me take the lead. Up here in Heaven without you, I'm here in heaven without you. Up here in heaven without you, it is hell knowing that your health will keep you out of here for many many years.

Second thoughts, is that what you had? Second thoughts, first I broke my back, second thoughts, as I hit the sea Second thoughts, for eternity, for eternity, for eternity. Up here in Heaven without you, I'm here in heaven without you. Up here in heaven without you, it is hell knowing that your health will keep you out of here for many many years.


5. Thank God it’s not Christmas.

What do I hear, what do I hear? Chit-chat, and clinking glass. Cheap talk, a lady's laugh, after hour. What do I see, what do I see? Some sunken hideaway where people go to play, after hour. There I'll spend the night, meeting fancy thins. At bistros and old haunts, trying very hard to sin.

Then it is day end in a way, the pattern's much the same, in-spots, a matinee, every day. Blend with the crowd, blend with the loud, hypnotic ebb and flow, until the day goes slowly into night. See the same old crowd at bistros and old haunts, 'til the lights grow dim the not-so-subtle hint to be gone.

Thank God it's not Christmas when there is only you and nothing else to do. Thank God it's not Christmas where there's just you to do, the rest is closed to public view.

Caroling kids, caroling kids, a trifle premature, in tones so rich and pure and crystalline. Call for the day, the popular day, it's fast approaching now. But will the mood allow one dissent if this were the Seine, we'd be very suave. But it's just the rain washing down the boulevard.

Thank God it's not Christmas when there is only you and nothing else to do. Thank God it's not Christmas where there's just you to do, the rest is closed to public view.

Popular days, the popular ways, are for the chosen few, not meant for me and you, obviously. Popular nights, poplar rites, great things to say and do aren't said or done by you, obviously. If this were Seine, we'd be very suave. But it's just the rain washing down the boulevard.


6. Hasta mañana, monsieur.

I tried to tell you in the night that with a girl like you I could do without guided tours. You tried to tell me in the day that your leading exports were textile and iron ore. Hasta mañana, monsieur, were the only words that I knew for sure. Hasta mañana, monsieur, were the three little words that I knew you'd adore.

Leaving my syntax back at school I was thrown for a loss over gender and simple rules. You mentioned Kant and I was schoked, so shocked! You know where I come from none of the girls have such foul tongues. Hasta mañana, monsieur, were the only words that I knew for sure. Hasta mañana monsieur, I'm gonna do it now. C'est la vie, c'est la mort, say no more, no no more. Its all the same, whether here or there or anywhere, theres them who have and there are the others who have not.

Kimono my house, mon amour, I am sure that this notion don’t need no accompaning words. Guess I was wrong because you fled leaving me with my Michelin guide in a half empty foreign bed. Hasta mañana, monsieur, were the only words that I knew for sure. Hasta mañana monsieur, were the three little words that I knew you'd adore. Hasta mañana, monsieur, were the only words that I knew for sure. Hasta mañana monsieur, were the three little words that I knew you'd adore


7. Talent is an asset.

Albert is smart, he's a genius. Watch Albert putter, an obvious genius, someday he will reassess the world and he'll still have time for lots of girls. When he grows up he'll remember us, when he grows up we are sure that he'll remember us. We made sure that Albert wore his mac, we kept all the strangers off his back (Go away).

Everything’s relative (Go away Albert mother said to me). We're Albert's relatives, and he don’t need any non-relatives. Talent is an asset, you’ve got to understand that, talent is an asset and little Albert has it, talent is an asset and Albert surely has it.

One day he'll sever his apron strings, all of the while he'll be scribbling his genius things. Look at Albert isn’t he a sight, growing, growing at the speed of light (Go away). Everything’s relative (Go away Albert mother said to me). We're Albert's relatives, and he don’t need any non-relatives. Talent is an asset and little Albert has it. (go away).

Talent is relative (go away), that’s hypothetical (go away), we are his relatives (go away), that’s parenthetical (go away), spare your superlatives (go away), there’s the receptacle (go away), there’s the receptacle (go away), leave Albert’s study room (go away), leave Albert’s happy home (go away), leave Albert’s neighborhood (go away), leave Albert’s city too (go away), leave Albert’s comfy seat (go away), leave Albert’s country (go away).

Leave Albert’s continent (go away), leave Albert’s hemisphere (go away), leave Albert’s planet too (go away), leave Albert’s universe (go away), no one must see him now (go away), only the medical (go away), no one must come near him (go away), don’t be too cynical (go away), don’t be too critical (go away), cancel the magazines (go away), they’re much too political (go away), don’t buy him any jeans (go away), they’re much too casual (go away), talent is relative (go away), that’s hypothetical...


8. Complaints.

Nothing in the world is perfect, grin and bear it silently or yell into my ear. Complaints, it’s my department, complaints, it’s my department, everything you wear's too tight and clashes with the candlelight. Just give it back, no questions asked.

And nothing in the world is perfect, grin and bear it silently or yell into my ear. Complaints, its stereophonic, complaints, it’s ironic, how they chatter, how they bore us like some avant gardish chorus, just give it back, no questions asked.

Well I'll dive off the mezzanine, if one more points at crooked seam a sign of shoddy workmanship of asianic hands that slipped. Just give it back no questions asked.

Nothing in the world is perfect, grin and bear it silently or yell into my ear. Complaints, there's to many hours, complaints, the bosses cower. Two weeks free from all complaining, it was due to our complaining. Take her to Spain and hear her complain, and now she says that she's expecting, and that’s my fault for not protecting her from all the risks of passion. She’s complaining, she's old fashioned, just give it back, no questions asked.

Complains, complaints, complaints, it’s my department, complaints, its my department, complaints, its stereophonic, complaints, it’s ironic, complaints, there’s too many hours, complaints, the bosses cower.


9. In my family.

That's how it's gonna be in my family, from the biggest branch to the smallest leaf, still you're gonna see similarity. In my family, that's how it's gonna be.

That's how its gonna be 'cause it's my family. Gonna live to see post-senility, lots of time to spend with my family. In my family, that's how it's gonna be.

There you got your Rockefeller, there you got your Edward Teller, J. Paul Getty is a splendid fellow, but, none of them would be in my family. In my family, that's how it's gonna be.

Family, it's like any other family. Big and small, it's like any other family. Thats how it's gonna be, before and after me, manufacturing many, many me's, gonna hang myself from my family tree. In my family, that's how it's gonna be. In my family. In my family, that's how it's gonna be. In my family. In my family, that's how it's gonna be. In my family…

10. Equator.

I always thought that I had quite a gift as a judge of human character. This is the day and the time and the place and I wonder, wonder where you are, surely we set it for 3pm, surely we said it was march the 10th. Equator, Equator, you said you'd meet me there. You must be just around the bend.

Well all of the gifts are now melted or dead and I’m sorry, sorry in advance, I’ll make it up to you, that I can promise you if I am given just half the chance. God you'll be laughing, I look a mess, but you see I've been half way 'round this place. Equator Equator, you said you'd meet me there. Equator Equator, you said youd be right there. Equator Equator, oh yeah. Equator Equator, doo doo doo doo, Equator Equator, doo doo doo doo doo doo. Equator Equator, oh yeah!

Equator Equator, you said youd meet me there, you must be just around the bend. I've got to stop here and rest for a moment, I'm sure that you're not far away. You always walked just as slow as you talked, letting me think I could have my way. I wasn't fooled for a second, girl, I knew it was you who controlled our world. Equator Equator, you said youd meet me there. Equator Equator, you said youd be right there. Equator Equator, oh yeah. Equator Equator…


· · ·
Año: 1974.
Procedencia de la banda: Los Angeles (California), Estados Unidos.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario