Younger than yesturday. The Byrds.





1. So you want to be a rock 'n' roll star.


So, you want to be a rock 'n' roll star, then listen now to what I say. Just get an electric guitar and take some time, and learn how to play, and when your hair's combed right, and your pants fit tight, it's gonna be all right. Then it's time to go down town where the agent men won't let you down. Sell your soul to the company who are waiting there to sell plastic ware. And in a week or two if you make the charts, the girls'll tear you apart.

The price you pay for your riches and fame was it all a strange game, you're a little insane. The money that came and the public acclaim, don't forget what you are, you're a rock 'n' roll star...


2. Have you seen her face.

Have you seen her face? Her eyes reflect the colors in the sky. A warm familiar place to be swept into whenever she's close by, makes me wonder why. Run by, don't turn back, can't hide from that look in her eye.

Must be the way she walks, a style made up to capture all she needs. No time to spend on loose talk if your luck runs right she might see you tonight, anything in sight. Run by, don't turn back, can't hide from that look in her eyes. Run by, don't turn back, can't hide from that look in her eyes.

You'll find your locked in her spell, all the sights and sounds. Your senses will be found, that only time will tell, how much love can be to wait so patiently, wait and see. Run by, don't turn back, can't hide from that look in her eyes.


3. C.T.A.-102.

C.T.A.102 we're over here receiving you. Signals tell us that you're there, we can hear them loud and clear. We just want to let you know that we're ready for to go out into the universe, we don't care who's been there first.

On our radio telescope, science tells us that there's hope. Life on other planets might exist!

“C.T.A.102 we're over here receiving you. Signals tell us that you're there, we can hear them loud and clear. We just want to let you know that we're ready for to go out into the universe, we don't care who's been there first.”


4. Renaissance fair.

I think that maybe I'm dreaming, I smell cinnamon and spices, I hear music everywhere, all around kaleidoscope of color, I think that maybe I'm dreaming.

Maids pass gracefully in laughter, wine coloured flowers in their hair, last call from lands I've never been to, I think that maybe I'm dreaming.

Some flash on a soda of prism, bright jewels on the ladies flashing, eyes catch on a shiny prism. Hear ye the crying of the vendors, fruit for sale wax candles for to burn, fires flare soon it will be night fall, I think that maybe I'm dreaming, I think that maybe I'm dreaming, I think that maybe I'm dreaming.


5. Time between.

Don't say you love me, don't say you care, you're so far away. Telephone communication, only a three minute elation when I hear your voice. Through love and trust it's gonna work out fine, the only pain I feel is all this time between, you and me, you and me.

All the days have turned to years only emphasize my fears since you said goodbye. I can hear your voice at night, I can read the words you write, it's only love. Through love and trust it's gonna work out fine, the only pain I feel is all this time between, you and me, you and me.

Through love and trust it's gonna work out fine, the only pain I feel is all this time between, you and me, you and me.


6. Everybody's been burned.

Everybody has been burned before, everybody knows the pain. Anyone in this place can tell you to your face why you shouldn't try to love someone.

Everybody knows it never works, everybody knows and me. I know that door that shuts just before, you get to the dream you see.

I know it all too well how to turn, how to run, how to hide behind a bitter wall of blue. But you die inside if you chose to hide, so I guess instead I'll love you.


7. Thoughts and words.

One day you came into my mind, and everything looked as though it was all mine. Loveliness to gaze upon, to feel your magic pulling me away. I thought I was on top of it all, everyone else was so small, then I knew what you wanted to do, I knew what you wanted to do.

Often think of times when all your thoughts and words come close to making me lose my mind. Moment now recalling all the time involving minutes that we spent alone. I thought I was on top of it all, everyone else was so small, then I knew what you wanted to do, I knew what you wanted to do.

One day you came into my mind and everything looked as though it was all mine. Loveliness to gaze upon, to feel your magic pulling me away. I thought I was on top of it all, everyone else was so small, then I knew what you wanted to do, I knew what you wanted to do.


8. Mind gardens.

Once upon a time there was a garden on a high hill, green and blossomin' round against the sea. And there the sun came, and the rain pourin' down. Garden grew and flourished, and splattered bits of color on the ground. And it took shape and symmetry, and all of life around. But there came winds driven and howling. There came snow and I feared for the garden.

So I built a wall and I built another, and roofed it over thick and strong, and kept it from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. The killing cold could not get in, but when the sun came and the gentle rain of spring, they could not reach the garden behind those walls. It would have died, safely, securely, died.

But as I longed and as I learned, I tore the walls all down, the garden still lives.


9. My back pages.

Crimson flames tied through my ears flowing high and mighty traps. Countless fire n' flaming rope using ideas as my maps. "We'll meet on edges, soon" said I, proud 'neath heated brow. Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth, "Rip down all hate," I screamed. Lies that life is black and white, spoke from my skull. I dreamed. Romantic flanks of musketeers, foundationed deep, somehow. Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand at the mongrel dogs who teach. Fearing not I'd become my enemy in the instant that I preach. Sisters fled by confusion boats mutiny from stern to bow. Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats too noble to neglect. Deceived me into thinking, I had something to protect. Good and bad, I define these terms, quite clear, no doubt, somehow. Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.


10. The girl with no name.

One day she came along, I didn't know her name. My friends said to me, watch out for the game. I didn't want to believe all the things they said. It seemed to be the right time, a love afffair instead.

Walkin' down the beach, kickin' up the sand. Not so far away wonderin' where they'll land. We talked of things to do and places that we'd tame. A one with a love to share with a girl who had no name, who had no name.

Then it came the time they said when all the good went bad. She walked into the night, it didn't make me sad. I felt my friends advice, echo through my soul. A one with a love to share with a girl who had no name, who had no name.


11. Why.

Keep sayin' no to her since she was a baby, keep sayin' no to her not even maybe. Why? Why? You say there's a limit there, she can't go past that. She don't believe you, she don't think that's where it's at. Why? Why?

You say she can't change that, it's the way you've always done it. She don't care about that, she thinks you've just begun it. Why? Why?

You say it's a dead old world, dull and unforgiving. I don't know where you live, but you're not living. Why? Why? Keep sayin' no to her since she was a baby, keep sayin' no to her not even maybe. Why? Why?


· · ·
Año: 1967.
Procedencia de la banda: Los Angeles (California), Estados Unidos.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario