Frosting on the beater. The Posies.




1. Dream all day.

I've got a lot of thoughts, got a lot of plans, I lost a lot of sleep trying to understand I could dream all day…

In a blackened room staring into space underneath a thousand blankets just to find a place, where everything is reachable imagining is safe, I tried to make it so, I didn't even know I could dream all day...

I dreamt I was awake, my mouth was colored grey, as the world revolved around me I could only say I could dream all day...


2. Solar sister.


I'll call you sister Carrie but I'll never say it, mute it to a whisper and spin your solar sister, and magnet will deliver an arrow from her quiver. I'll call you sister Carrie but you'll never hear it, fifty minutes later as time pulls down her fader, and nibbles off the fakers who roll under the breakers.

I'll close my eyes and listen to you read the story knowning I'll soon be left behind so won't you read sister Carrie Jean, sister Carrie, always the patient one.

I'll call you sister Carrie, I won't breathe a word, frosting on the beater, the flag trips down the meter, you thought you could defeat her, you're lucky you could meet her.

I'll close my eyes and listen to you read the story but I'm already far behind, so won't you read sister Carrie Jean, sister Carrie, always the patient one.

I'll close my life and let you teach me a new story out of the pages of your mind, and magnet will deliver, so, spin, my solar sister, and you can read, sister Carrie, read...


3. Flavor of the month.

Can you hear it? Like an invitation, can you feel it? It's a revelation. The flavor of the month is busy melting in your mouth, getting easier to swallow and harder to spit out.

Can you hear it? Does the sound remind you? Can you feel it? It's gonna redefine you. The flavor of the month is busy melting in your mouth, getting easier to swallow and harder to spit out.

Can you hear it? Like an invitation, can you feel it? A reverberation. The flavor of the month is busy melting in your mouth, getting easier to swallow and harder to spit out.


4. Love letter boxes.

Something 'bout the whiteness of the phone, something 'bout the genius of modern music, how can I think, how can I fail you? Something 'bout the distance to the nerve, something 'bout white hands of fate I don't deserve. The bedroom ghosts, how long to sleep. Perchance to drown, we have been old together. No inside joke, this I won't tolerate, I see you clearly, ah, love letter boxes, all in favor say I will blindly, follow the ring around the positive sign.

Something 'bout the history of the jews, beautiful one don't read too much into clues. Please shake the hand of the velvet glove, whose fingerprints glow in the dark and reveal crimes both brave and strange.

I cannot tell you how to tell the truth, even if it hits you. Ah, love letter boxes, all in favor say I will blindly, follow the ring around the positive sign, positive sign, 'round the positive sign, positive sign, positive sign.


5. Definite door.

Say goodbye to your friends and family, pack your promises silently, leave a note on your kitchen table, this is all you will ever be. So hope for a better place, for a better time, for a better speed, so hope for a better use, for a better word, for a better need. And if you listen close enough you might hear too much, hard as sharp and razor-rough, you've never seen the such. It's the definite door to another dimension, nothing, no more, not even a mention.

Keeping track of the eyesight streaming isn't part of the regimen, many hours of sleepless dreaming unaware of the mess you're in, and if you didn't have a clue you probably never will, and all the things you didn't do will inundate you still. It's the definite door to another dimension, nothing, no more, not even a mention.

Better cross your heart, make it people-proof try to fight the fright and have a real good trip, see you when you fall don't forget to write yourself back and if you fail to see the point of doubting all you do don't forget to blame yourself, there's nothing else for you. Say goodbye to your friends and family, pack your promises silently, funny how they forget to tell you this is all you will ever be. This is all you will ever be now, this is all you will ever be, this is all you will ever be now, this is all you will ever be.


6. Burn and shine.

Burn and shine, son, and keep your spirit clean, for this is not a dress rehersal. Junior phoenix with your ash-filled eyes, who will harbor your misfortune? Your mother, says your father says, he does not want to tell you as if he didn't know you.

Behind the lighthouse there's still the hole you made, better fill it in or it will get you. So talcum powder is now your closest friend, smooth and white and ordinary. Your father, says your mother says, she does not want to tell you as if she didn't know you. And in the dream everyone is holding hands in a circle, and you heal.

Do you remember the taste of pemmican? Then say hello to Hiawatha. She's still frowning at your puffy face, overweight and barely breathing. No one ever said a word , they did not want to tell you as if they didn't know you, as if they didn't know you, as if they didn't know you. Burn and shine, you burn and shine.


7. Earlier than expected.


Sacred pictures with which she will fortell the future, expert witness, a wound that won't believe in sutures. 'Cause she's earlier than expected, a little premature Madonna, earlier than expected.

Rush right home now, prepare, prevent, defend, define now. With no examples you'll find the burdens more than ample. 'Cause she's earlier than expected, a little premature Madonna, earlier than expected, and if you saw her trails, would you consider her guilty of being a child?

Open mouth-faced, she saw Ulysess, claimed him captive. The vanquished embraced, he knew for this to be receptive and hust have grace and be festive of freeze in the dirt which he rests in. 'Cause she's earlier than expected, a little premature Madonna, earlier than expected.

She's earlier than expected, a little premature Madonna, earlier than expected, and she will sleep and rest her brow, and face the tempest of tomorrow.


8. 20 questions.

A boy once was frozen, all guarded and closed in before he had chosen a beauty to behold, The cream of creation, a red wine sensation, the power of persuasion, personified and whole. And we will not get younger but we won't wait around 'til we die, 'cause she's got twenty questions and so do I.

The first time I passed her, the second I asked her, the third wish will last her for long enough to know. The cream of creation a red wine sensation, the power of persuasion personified and whole. And we will not get younger but we won't wait around 'til we die, ‘cause she's got twenty questions and so do I.

So onward and upward ascent of the unheard, I search for enough words to thankfully extol, The cream of creation a red wine sensation, the power of persuasion personified and whole. And we will not get younger but we won't wait around 'til we die, ‘cause she's got twenty questions and so do I. And we will not get younger but we won't wait around 'til we die, ‘cause she's got twenty questions and so do I, so do I, so do I, so do I.


9. When mute tongues can speak.

When mute tongues can speak and relate their need, I make fun of skins laying in a dark room. In a piglet's eye, if the dream had wings, then the nest of feathers could freeze without them. I never knew how to fear correctly, when we were seven we would hit directly, by some misgiving that you dealt ineptly, all was forgiven when you knelt to help me.

See the boy of smiles with the teardrop shape, shuddering and crying with the wind knocked from him. And the kids just stare, is this guy for real, some mistakes are all too apparent. It's nothing personal, just a lousy memory, dissected birds are my adopted family, I pool myself until I see anemones, all was forgiven when you knelt to help me.

In a can of boys across a crowd of thorns everyone is laughing all expensive painful. Windbreaker is torn, friendly tree has scars, experience is necessary to be normal. I never knew how to fear correctly, when we were seven we would hit directly, by some misgiving that you dealt ineptly, all was forgiven when you knelt to help me, it's me, it's me, it's me, it's me, it's me.


10. Lights out.

Lights out, lights out, goodnight, shuteye, that's a good guy, soothing seething, brooding, Are you breathing? Are you sleeping? Are you sleeping?

New day, new day, endless chasm barking blue grey. Are we living in a tombstone smiling? Driving, are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Trickle, trickle, father fickle loves to tickle, sister caffeine fill my inside churning. Turning, talking, tripping through the traffic blocking, I'm collapsing, won't you turn the lights out? Lights out, are we there yet? Are we there yet? Lights out.


11. How she lied by living.

Shimmering was she and loveliness to see, the found her when she was three, where she lied. We talked within a wave of things we could not crave but circumstances turn graves, that's where she lied.

You told me, you told me you loved life, don't tell me, don't tell me you loved life. Don't tell me, don't tell me you loved life.

I read your book of rot and wondered what you thought, as journalists have taught it pays to lie. The fruit upon a vine, the gun that swallows time to shimmer in our minds, that's how she lied.

You told me, you told me you loved life, don't tell me, don't tell me you loved life. Don't tell me, don't tell me you loved life.


12. Coming right along.

Freed the daytime with indifference, watch the twilight starve the sun, shuffle home against the darkness, turn the key and bite your tongue. And please be strong, you don't know it but you're coming right along.

Call belated, leave a message, wait for hours just to talk, feel like slowly getting blown off, stretch your eyes, invite the clock. And please be strong, you don't know it but you're coming right along, please be strong, you don't know it but you're coming right along.

Cry as if to say you're sorry, sight a life and hate your own, try to think of what to mention, leave the television on. And please be strong, you don't know it but you're coming right along, please be strong, you don't know it but you're coming right along, you don't know it but you're coming right along, coming right along, coming right along.


· · ·
Año: 1993.
Procedencia de la banda: Bellingham (Washington), Estados Unidos.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario