Fantasy. Carole King.




1. Fantasy beginning.

Looking for a way to say the things I think about day by day, listen to their meaning if you can, I may step outside myself and speak as if I were someone else, that's one way I know you'll understand. In fantasy I can be black or white, a woman or a man.


2. You've been around too long.

I hear you say attitudes and times have changed and I know the feeling, it's long overdue, you say this is a time to right old wrongs, tell me now if it's true, you got the mind, you got the timem how long are you gonna wait to do what you want to do now. You've been around too long not to notice what's going on in town, you've got to understand, I'm taking my life in my own hands and gaining ground, look around.

Peace of mind, you got yours, I want mine, if you really want to do right by me, see what you want to see but let me be what I want to be. 'Cause you've been around too long not to realize what's going on inside, I'm just like you, I'm doing the best that I can do to make my stride.


3. Being at war with each other.

Everyone comes from one father, one mother, so why do we complicate our lives so much by being at war with each other, maybe I'm crazy but I don't understand it, why do we seem to vote to dig more holes, it's such a waste of planet.

There must be a reason that I can't see, maybe somebody else knows better than me, all I know is everyone else is a sister or a brother so we've got to look around again and stop, being at war with each other, being at war with each other.

We've got to look around again and stop, being at war with each other, being at war with each other, being at war with each other, being at war with each other.


4. Directions.

They tell me, when I've got my life on my mind, they're sorry but they can't do a thing about it till tomorrow, I tell them, now I don't want a lot of your time, maybe they listen, oh, but what do they know of my pain and my sorrow.

What will it cost you after how many tears I've cried, how much longer, how much longer must I try. Directions presenting themselves every day are bypassed, ‘cause of somebody else's foolish limitations, rejection, many have I had in my way but I go on, yes, I do now, and try to overcome the bad vibrations.

What does it get you stealing somebody else's pride, how much longer, how much longer must I cry. I can see all the things of which I've dreamed, if I dream any longer tell what will it mean, reflections of all I have wanted so long, still are with me as I ask myself how much longer must I try.


5. That's how things go down.

Here I am carrying the child of our sweet love and you're far away, that's how things go down but I want to see you again, though I've known others in life who've made it on their own, I'm afraid, that's how things go down but I want to see you again.

Hey, with each day that passes by I pray that I will see you soon and you will be here with me to see the child being born, safe and sound, all I can do is wait and hope that you'll be around, that's how things go down, I want to see you again.

In the end all I can do is wait and hope that you'll be around, that's how things go down, I want to see you again, that's how things go down, I want to see you again, that's how things go down.


6. Weekdays.

Weekday mornings, coffee smell in the air after you've gone and the children have left for school, I'm alone and I think about all the plans we made, I think about all the dreams I had and I wonder if I'm a fool.

Weekday midday, I've got the marketing done, plenty to do but nothing to tax my mind, that's allright, it's a habit, heaven knows I can always watch the daytime shows and I wonder which story's mine. She loved a man she knew little about after so many years of trying, so many years of doing without, oh, but what's the use of crying.

Weekday evenings, we sit and I realice you've dreamed, too, and I kind of understand, I've been with you and you need me to take care of you but we'll work it out, so I'm a person, too, and we'll help each other out the best that we can ‘cause I'm your woman and you're my man.


7. Haywood.

Haywood, where have you been, tell me now, Haywood, you been on the street again, I know, I know, Haywood, that man's not your friend, haven't you had enough of the stuff, oh, you know it's got to do you in.

Remember John, John, how mama stayed awake all night, the night they brought him in, she cried and said she always knew he was up to no good, it broke her heart the night he died and she made me promise I'd stand by your side, and try to protect you from the evil in the neighborhood.

Haywood, where have you been, tell me now, Haywood, you been on the street again, I know, I know, Haywood, hangin' out with your so called friends, what makes you think that you'll be the one to put it down, use your ears, use your eyes, just look around, everyone's dying, everyone's going down.

Just think of Vallorie, she's always been so good to you and you've never let her down, what about the life you planned, it can still come true, it's all up to you, I know it's hard to shake it but you got to be a man and take it, I know this is no way to make it, it's not too late for you, listen to me, Haywood.


8. A quiet place to be.

All I want is a quiet place to live where I can enjoy the fruits of my labor, read the paper and not have to cry out loud, in my mind I can see it crystal clear, sharing my dreams with the people around me, now they surround me and I'm just a part of the crowd.

What will become of us, what about the children, what will they do to us next time around, what will the amswer be, what will it mean to me, when are they gonna see we're underground, here underground.

And all I want is a quiet place to live where I can be free in a world of my making instead of taking what they decided to give, I wouldn't want what they have no if I could only find a quiet place to live.


9. Welfare symphony.

Welfare workers prying into her life, was she really someone's wife and where was he? She often cried as they left her without a shred of pride, she had so many things to think about, so many children to feed, she had need of something that would ease her mind.

Store front religion, play the numbers, she had trouble in her time, she had so much trouble in her time.


10. Light up my life.

You light up my life like sunrise in the morning, you make me believe anything is possible, I didn't have a dream to my name, darkness was mine, it was such a shame but you came to light up my life, you brought me faith and hope, and love, and light.

With your tender smile you brought me to the promise of life outside a world of 9-to-5 and Sunday, I didn't know how rich I could be until you gave your love to me, don't you see, you light up my life, you give me faith and hope, and love, and light.

You brought your sweet understanding like sun rays in my hazy skies, if you hadn't opened up my eyes love would have passed me by, right on by. I never knew how good I could feel, loving you's left me with nothing to conceal, yeah, you really light up my life, you give me faith and hope, and love, and light.


11. Corazon.

Corazón, mi corazón, corazón, mi corazón, yo te quiero mi corazón, corazón, mi corazón, yo te quiero mi corazón, corazón, mi corazón, yo te quiero mi corazón, espero que tu me quieras también, corazón.

Corazón, mi corazón, corazón, mi corazón, ayúdame mi corazón, yo te quiero mi corazón, ayúdame, te quiero, te quiero, corazón.


12. Believe in humanity.

If you read the papers you may see history in the making, you'll read what they say life is all about, they say it's there for the taking, yeah, but you should really check it out if you want to know what's shaking, but don't tell me about the things you've heard, maybe I'm wrong but I want to believe in humanity.

I know it's often true, sad to say, we have been unkind to one another, tell me how many times has the golden rule been applied by man to his brother, I believe if I really looked at what's going on I would lose faith I never could recover, so don't tell me about the things you've heard, maybe I'm wrong but I want to believe in humanity.

Maybe I'm living with my head in the sand, I just want to see people giving, I want to believe in my fellow man, yes, I want to believe.


13. Fantasy end.

Now that I've expressed my soul, I'll step back into my real life role and hope I've brought you back across the line, you may think there's nothing you can do to change what's all too true but all you have to do is use your mind, in fantasy you can be anything you want to be and someday our reality will be as good as never, never land.


· · ·
Año: 1973.
Procedencia de la banda: Nueva York, Estados Unidos.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario