The La's. The La's.




1. Son of a gun.

If you want I’ll sell you a life story about a man who's at loggerheads with his past all the time, he's alive and living in purgatory, all he's doing is rooming in hotels and scooping up lots of wine. There was once a boy of life who lived upon a knife, he took his share of everywhere but he never took a wife.

He was born live like a mercenary, well personally I think that's fine if you're in the right mind, he was burned by the twentieth century, now he's doing time, in the back of his mind he can hear them outside. Better run, rabbit run, run into the sun, kick your heels in the killing fields, run rabbit run, you're a son of a gun.

He was born live like a mercenary, well personally I think that's fine if you're in the right mind.


2. I can't sleep.

I was lookin' thru my window, I was lookin' thru my eyes, and there's a big black car coming, get off the street outside, come in, go into a pipedream, no one listens anyway. When I say I’m so sad about, not so glad about, I'm so mad, I can't sleep tonight.

I was going thru a nightmare, I was layin' on the line and there's a big black train coming, d'you think it would be a shame running, go into bathroom, no one looking anyway. When I say I’m so sad about, not so glad about, I'm so mad, I can't sleep tonight.

I was lookin' thru my window, I was lookin' thru my eyes, and there's a big black cloud coming, get off the street outside, come in, go into a pipedream, no one listens anyway. When I say I’m so sad about, not so glad about, I'm so mad, I can't sleep tonight.


3. Timeless melody.

The melody always finds me whenever the thought reminds me, breaking a chain inside my head, the melody chord unwinds me, the rhythm of life unties me, brushing the hands of time away. If you look in your mind do you know what you will find, open your mind.

Even the words they fail me, oh look what it's doing to me, I never say what I want to say, it's only a word believe me, if only the world could see me, I promise I’d send the word away. If you look with your eyes, do you know what you will find, open your mind.

The melody always finds me whenever the thought reminds me, breaking a chain inside my head, the melody chord unwinds me, the rhythm of life unties me, brushing the hands of time away. If you look in your mind do you know what you will find, open your mind, open your mind, open your mind.


4. Liberty ship.

I am the toiler the old ship slave, I stoke the fire that keep you brave, and this I give for all mankind, sail away on an ocean wave. I am the voyager of the ocean grey, I wayfarer see fairway, and this I gave for all mankind, sail away on an ocean wave.

I am the sailor, the ocean slave, fill your sail with the breath I gave, and this I give for all mankind, sail away on an ocean wave. I am the captain of the love brigade, with every breath I am your slave, and this I gave for all mankind, sail away on an ocean wave, sail away on an ocean wave, sail away on the airwaves...


5. There she goes.

There she goes, there she goes again, racing through my brain, and I just can't contain this feeling that remains. There she blows, there she blows again, pulsing through my veins, and I just can't contain this feeling that remains.

There she goes, there she goes again, she calls my name, she pulls my train, no one else could heal my pain, and I just can't contain this feeling that remains. There she goes, there she goes again, chasing down my lane, and I just can't contain this feeling that remains.

There she goes, there she goes again, there she goes.


6. Doledrum.

Oh no, don't go down to doledrum, oh no, don't go down to doledrum, if you know what's good for you then you know what you can do, just 'get up a fuss and shout', get on the bus, get out of doledrum.

All my life goes by in doledrum, I'll see ninety five in doledrum, I can't see much down for me, I think I’ll run away to see, I'll just get on my coat and shout, get on the boat get out of doledrum. If you know what's good for you then you know what you can do, just 'get up a fuss and shout', get on the bus, get out of doledrum.

Oh no, don't go down to doledrum, oh no, don't go down to doledrum, if you know what's good for you then you know what you can do, just 'get up a fuss and shout', get on the bus, get out.


7. Feeling.

I woke up with a feeling and found me lying on the floor, I look up at the ceiling, I must be dreaming, when I get that feeling, oh my lord I can't take no more.

You can't stop that feeling, it just goes on for evermore, what we believe in is just a feeling, so thank god for that feeling, oh my lord I can't take no more.

I get the feeling that I am responding to a call, I am receiving and I get that meaning, so hats off to that feeling, I could not ask for anymore.


8. Way out.

Give me one last kiss before I walk out of this, give me some money 'cos I’m right in a hurry to get away out of this, but I’m telling you this that I don't aim to miss to get a way out of this. Give it all you got now, give it all you got now, yeah give a little, give it all you got now, give it all you got now, yeah give a little.

Let me tell you this before I walk out of this, some say it's sunny but I don't think that's funny and I’m telling you this, I'll get away out of this 'cos I don't aim to miss to get a way out of this. Give it all you got now, give it all you got now, yeah give a little, give it all you got now, give it all you got now, yeah give a little.

Give it all you got now, give it all you got now, yeah give a little, give it all you got now, give it all you got now, yeah give a little. Bid me one last wish before I walk out of this, give me the hammer to shatter the dream, to get away out of this…


9. I.O.U.

Everyday, there's always much to pay, the law says, I owe you, you owe me, I know you can stand on your own two feet. On the street for knowledge, you must eat your porridge, I'll feed you, you'll feed me, I'll see you can stand on your own two feet.

I owe you, you owe me, I know you can stand on your own two feet. On the farm linking you arm in arm, there's no harm in greasing your neighbour's palm.

On the street for knowledge, you must eat your porridge, I owe you, you owe me, I know you can stand on your own two feet.


10. Freedom song.

All this world seems bent upon, contemplating babylon, fate is sealed inside a bomb, where has all the freedom gone. There's a place for everyone, live and die our kingdom come, but until the web is spun everybody must have fun.

I'm not scared to die, god help me, we went to the same schools and we all learned the same rules of lament. The knot will never come undone, accidents show mercy none, there isn't anywhere to run, the masterpiece is done, the war has won.

There's a place for everyone, live and die our kingdom come, but until the web is spun everybody must have fun.


11. Failure.

No you can't throw failure over your shoulder, if you don't look after, you gonna look back, no you can't hurry forward, it's holding you back. In the grip of an onset you run for a cover, to hide from your mother and your sister, your brother, though you long to tell of the stone that remeans, you can't move a muscle, you're wrapped up in chains, so you wait in your room, bound to the doom, to talk with the skeleton in the closet.

So you waited for days and you walked in the maze, and you lay on your bed with your head in a daze, and high in a corner in a cupboard on a shelp, you turn a corner and walk into yourself, and you check your condition and you shape and your health. So you open the door with a look on your face, your hands in your pockets and your family to face, and you go downstairs and you sit in your place.


12. Lookin' glass.

Tell me where I’m going, tell me where I’m bound, turn the pages over, turn the world around, open up the broken door for all lost to be found, walk into the empty room but never make a sound, oh tell me where I’m going, tell me why I’m bound to tear the pages open, turn the world around.

I've seen everybody, everybody's seen me in the lookin' glass, I'm in everybody, everybody's in me, in the stone is cast, the glass is smashed.

The past, it never says it, it never makes a sound, whispered ways were chosen, echoes will be found, mirrors that were broken lay there on the ground, though the way lies open will the way be found, oh tell me where I’m going and tell me why I’m bound to tear the pages open, turn the world around.

So the story goes it, everybody knows it, look into the past, we can't live without it, we can't live within it, everything must pass, the change is cast.

I've seen everybody, everybody's seen me in the lookin' glass, I'm in everybody, everybody's in me, in the stone is cast, the glass is smashed, the change is cast…


· · ·
Año: 1990.
Procedencia de la banda: Liverpool, Inglaterra.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario