Joni Mitchell. Blue.





1. All I want.

I am on a lonely road and I am traveling, traveling, traveling, traveling, looking for something, what can it be? Oh I hate you some, I hate you some, I love you some, oh I love you when I forget about me. I want to be strong, I want to laugh along, I want to belong to the living, alive, alive, I want to get up and jive, I want to wreck my stockings in some juke box dive. Do you want - do you want - do you want to dance with me baby, do you want to take a chance on maybe finding some sweet romance with me baby. Well, come on.

All I really, really want our love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you too. All I really, really want our love to do is to bring out the best in me and in you. I want to talk to you, I want to shampoo you, I want to renew you again and again, applause, applause - life is our cause, when I think of your kisses my mind see-saws. Do you see - do you see - do you see how you hurt me baby? So I hurt you too, then we both get so blue.

I am on a lonely road and I am traveling, looking for the key to set me free. Oh the jealousy, the greed is the unraveling, it's the unraveling, and it undoes all the joy that could be. I want to have fun, I want to shine like the sun, I want to be the one that you want to see, I want to knit you a sweater, want to write you a love letter, I want to make you feel better, I want to make you feel free. Hmm, Hmm, Hmm, Hmm, want to make you feel free, I want to make you feel free.


2. My old man.

My old man, he's a singer in the park, he's a walker in the rain, he's a dancer in the dark. We don't need no piece of paper from the city hall, keeping us tied and true, my old man keeping away my blues.

He's my sunshine in the morning, he's my fireworks at the end of the day, he's the warmest chord I ever heard, play that warm chord, play and stay baby. We don't need no piece of paper from the city hall, keeping us tied and true, my old man keeping away my blues. But when he's gone, me and them lonesome blues collide. The bed's too big, the frying pan's too wide.

Then he comes home and he takes me in his loving arms, and he tells me all his troubles, and he tells me all my charms. We don't need no piece of paper from the city hall, keeping us tied and true. No, my old man keeping away my blues. But when he's gone, me and them lonesome blues collide. The bed's too big, the frying pan's too wide.

My old man, he's a singer in the park, he's a walker in the rain, he's a dancer in the dark. We don't need no piece of paper from the city hall, keeping us tied and true. No, my old man keeping away my lonesome blues.


3. Little green.

Born with the moon in Cancer, choose her a name she will answer to. Call her green and the winters cannot fade her, call her green for the children who've made her, little green, be a gypsy dancer. He went to California, hearing that everything's warmer there, so you write him a letter and say, "Her eyes are blue." He sends you a poem and she's lost to you, little green, he's a non-conformer.

Just a little green, like the color when the spring is born, there'll be crocuses to bring to school tomorrow. Just a little green, like the nights when the Northern lights perform, there'll be icicles and birthday clothes, and sometimes there'll be sorrow.

Child with a child pretending, weary of lies you are sending home, so you sign all the papers in the family name. You're sad and you're sorry, but you're not ashamed, little green, have a happy ending.

Just a little green, like the color when the spring is born, there'll be crocuses to bring to school tomorrow. Just a little green, like the nights when the Northern lights perform, there'll be icicles and birthday clothes, and sometimes there'll be sorrow.


4. Carey.

The wind is in from Africa, last night I couldn't sleep, oh, you know it sure is hard to leave here Carey, but it's really not my home. My fingernails are filthy, I got beach tar on my feet, and I miss my clean white linen and my fancy French cologne. Oh Carey get out your cane and I'll put on some silver, oh you're a mean old Daddy, but I like you fine.

Come on down to the Mermaid Cafe and I will buy you a bottle of wine, and we'll laugh and toast to nothing and smash our empty glasses down. Let's have a round for these freaks and these soldiers, a round for these friends of mine, let's have another round for the bright red devil who keeps me in this tourist town. Come on, Carey, get out your cane, I'll put on some silver, oh you're a mean old Daddy, but I like you.

Maybe I'll go to Amsterdam, or maybe I'll go to Rome, and rent me a grand piano and put some flowers 'round my room. But let's not talk about fare-thee-welIs now, the night is a starry dome, and they're playin' that scratchy rock and roll beneath the Matalla Moon. Come on, Carey, get out your cane and I'll put on some silver, you're a mean old Daddy, but I like you.

The wind is in from Africa, last night I couldn't sleep, oh, you know it sure is hard to leave here, but, it's really not my home. Maybe it's been too long a time since I was scramblin' down in the street, now they got me used to that clean white linen and that fancy French cologne. Oh Carey, get out your cane, I'll put on my finest silver. We'll go to the Mermaid Café, have fun tonight, I said, oh, you're a mean old Daddy, but you're out of sight.


5. Blue.

Blue, songs are like tattoos, you know I've been to sea before, crown and anchor me, or let me sail away. Hey blue, here is a song for you, ink on a pin underneath the skin, an empty space to fill in. Well there're so many sinking now, you've got to keep thinking, you can make it thru these waves, acid, booze, and ass, needles, guns, and grass, lots of laughs, lots of laughs.

Everybody's saying that hell's the hippest way to go, well I don't think so but I'm gonna take a look around it though, blue, I love you. Blue, here is a shell for you, inside you'll hear a sigh, a foggy lullaby, there is your song from me.


6. California.

Sitting in a park in Paris, France, reading the news and it sure looks bad, they won't give peace a chance. That was just a dream some of us had, still a lot of lands to see, but I wouldn't want to stay here, it's too old and cold and settled in its ways here. Oh, but California, California, I'm coming home, I'm going to see the folks I dig, I'll even kiss a Sunset pig, California I'm coming home.

I met a redneck on a Grecian isle who did the goat dance very well, he gave me back my smile but he kept my camera to sell, oh the rogue, the red, red rogue, he cooked good omelettes and stews, and I might have stayed on with him there, but my heart cried out for you, California. Oh California, I'm coming home, oh make me feel good rock'n roll band, I'm your biggest fan, California, I'm coming home.

Oh it gets so lonely when you're walking, and the streets are full of strangers, all the news of home you read, just gives you the blues, just gives you the blues.

So I bought me a ticket, I caught a plane to Spain, went to a party down a red dirt road, there were lots of pretty people there, reading Rolling Stone, reading Vogue, they said, "How long can you hang around?". I said "a week, maybe two, just until my skin turns brown, then I'm going home to California". California I'm coming home, oh will you take me as I am, strung out on another man, California I'm coming home.

Oh it gets so lonely when you're walking, and the streets are full of strangers, all the news of home you read more about the war, and the bloody changes. Oh will you take me as l am? Will you take me as l am? Will you?


7. This flight tonight.

Look out the left the captain said, the lights down there, that's where we'll land. I saw a falling star burn up above the Las Vegas sands. It wasn't the one that you gave to me that night down south between the trailers, not the early one that you can wish upon; Not the northern one that guides in the sailors. Oh starbright, starbright, you've got the lovin' that I like, all right, turn this crazy bird around, I shouldn't have got on this flight tonight.

You got the touch so gentle and sweet, but you've got that look so critical, now I can't talk to you baby, I get so weak, sometimes I think love is just mythical. Up there's a heaven, down there's a town, blackness everywhere and little lights shine, oh, blackness, blackness dragging me down, come on light the candle in this poor heart of mine. Oh starbright, starbright, you've got the lovin' that I like, all right, turn this crazy bird around, I shouldn't have got on this flight tonight.

I'm drinking sweet champagne, got the headphones up high, can't numb you out, can't drum you out of my mind, they're playing "Goodbye baby, Baby Goodbye, oh, ooh, love is blind". Up go the flaps, down go the wheels, I hope you got your heat turned on baby, I hope they finally fixed your automobile, I hope it's better when we meet again baby. Starbright, starbright, you got the lovin' that I like, all right, turn this crazy bird around, I shouldn't have got on this flight tonight.


8. River.

It's coming on Christmas, they're cutting down trees, they're putting up reindeer and singing songs of joy and peace, oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here, it stays pretty green, I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. I wish I had a river, I could skate away on, I wish I had a river so long, I would teach my feet to fly. Oh I wish I had a river, I could skate away on, I made my baby cry.

He tried hard to help me, you know, he put me at ease, and he loved me so naughty, made me weak in the knees, oh I wish I had a river, I could skate away on. I'm so hard to handle, I'm selfish and I'm sad, now I've gone and lost the best baby that I ever had, oh I wish I had a river, I could skate away on. I wish I had a river so long, I would teach my feet to fly, oh I wish I had a river, I made my baby say goodbye.

It's coming on Christmas, they're cutting down trees, they're putting up reindeer and singing songs of joy and peace, I wish I had a river I could skate away on.


9. A case of you.

Just before our love got lost you said, "I am as constant as a northern star." And I said, "Constantly in the darkness, where's that at? If you want me I'll be in the bar." On the back of a cartoon coaster, in the blue TV screen light, I drew a map of Canada, oh Canada.

With your face sketched on it twice, oh, you're in my blood like holy wine, you taste so bitter and so sweet, oh I could drink a case of you, darling. And I would still be on my feet, oh I would still be on my feet.

Oh I am a lonely painter, I live in a box of paints, I'm frightened by the devil, and I'm drawn to those ones that ain't afraid. I remember that time you told me, you said, "Love is touching souls", surely you touched mine, 'cause part of you pours out of me. In these lines from time to time, oh, you're in my blood like holy wine, you taste so bitter and so sweet, oh I could drink a case of you, darling. Still, I'd be on my feet, I would still be on my feet.

I met a woman, she had a mouth like yours, she knew your life, she knew your devils and your deeds, and she said, "Go to him, stay with him if you can, but be prepared to bleed". Oh but you are in my blood, you're my holy wine, you're so bitter, bitter and so sweet, oh, I could drink a case of you, darling. Still I'd be on my feet, I would still be on my feet.


10. Last time I saw Richard.

The last time I saw Richard was Detroit in '68, and he told me all romantics meet the same fate someday, cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark café. You laugh, he said you think you're immune, go look at your eyes, they're full of moon, you like roses and kisses and pretty men to tell you, all those pretty lies, pretty lies. When you gonna realise they're only pretty lies, only pretty lies, just pretty lies.

He put a quarter in the Wurlitzer, and he pushed, three buttons and the thing began to whirr, and a bar maid came by in fishnet stockings and a bow tie, and she said "Drink up now it's gettin' on time to close." "Richard, you haven't really changed," I said, it's just that now you're romanticizing some pain that's in your head, you got tombs in your eyes, but the songs you punched are dreaming, listen, they sing of love so sweet, love so sweet. When you gonna get yourself back on your feet? Oh and love can be so sweet, love so sweet

Richard got married to a figure skater, and he bought her a dishwasher and a Coffee percolator, and he drinks at home now most nights with the TV on, and all the house lights left up bright. I'm gonna blow this damn candle out, I don't want Nobody comin' over to my table, I got nothing to talk to anybody about, all good dreamers pass this way some day, hidin' behind bottles in dark cafes, dark cafes. Only a dark cocoon before I get my gorgeous wings, and fly away, only a phase, these dark cafe days.
· · ·
Año: 1971.
Procedencia de la banda: Alberta (Fort Macleod), Canadá.
Escuchar
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario