Do it yourself. Ian Dury.





1. Inbetweenies.

In the mirror, when I'm debonair, my reactions are my own affair. A body likes to be near the bone, oh Nancy, Leslie, Jack and Joan, I die when I'm alone. Shake your booty when your back is bent, put your feelings where my mouth just went, as serious as things do seem, at least you've put me on the team and friends do rule supreme, ok. Oh, pardon you, me, with a capital 'C' and who would have thought, with a capital nought, in between the lines? Oh.

Spread your chickens when you think of next, what the Dickens if they're highly sexed? Through channels that were once canals, do lift the heart of my morale, to know that we are pals, yes. Oh, vanity fair with a capital 'V', you give me a share, you take it from me, oh, jolly good show with a capital 'O', it's terrific to go, hello. Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello.


2. Quiet.

Excuse me, excuse me, get right out of the way, quiet! I'm sorry, beg pardon , the fault's entirely yours, quiet! Your highness, your worship, you silly pompous ass, quiet! Quiet! You're making such a racket, quiet! Why must you be so loud? Quiet! It's costing me a packet, quiet! Persistent louts and clowns.

Hello there, how are you? Pee off! Quiet! Look, honest? Really? Lies, quiet! How lovely! How charming! Horrible, quiet! Quiet! Or else there will be measures, quiet! Stop this unholy row, quiet! Shut up, you little treasures, quiet! When you've been told and how.

Alright little chap, get back on mummy's lap, there may well be chastisements if you don't shut your trap, just sit quite still. Fold arms, face front. Quiet! You're making such a din-din, quiet! Why don't you please keep quiet? Quiet! No one else is listening, quiet! Utterly sick and tired, quiet!


3. Don’t ask me.

Here I stand with a doughnut for a brain, on my life I must see you again, I should think that's made it very plain, is it his, is it his or is it ain't? Don't ask me to leave it out or turn it up or pack it in. Don't ask me, don't ask me, don't ask.

Don't ask me, I'm an ignorant, I'm afraid, on my life I believe we're tailor made, I should worry if the weather spoils the trade, I'm a crumb and I'm in your lemonade. Don't ask me to knock it off or cut it short, or jack it in. Don't ask me, don't ask me, don't ask.

Let me offer you my life and all my love, let me offer you a bargain, what a lovely range, don't forget the change, don't ask, don't ask, don't ask. Don't ask me to make a sacrifice, on my life I'm cheap at half the price, won't you try a portion or a slice? Slightly warm but very, very nice. Don't ask me to leave it out, or turn it up or pack it in, don't ask me, don't ask me, don't ask, don't ask…


4. Sink my boats.

I've got the feeling but I ain’t got the skill, and I don't like your suggestion, will you still love me when I'm over the hill is another stupid question. Don't deny that I show disrespect, ask me why I don't change the subject, justify but it has no effect, my reply is that I've been ship-wrecked.

You try to be sly but you're so overt and you know the main objection. If the passionate pressure that you exert in the opposite direction, I'm afraid that it seems evident, a mistake, now it's time that you went. Don't persuade me with your blandishment, my old mates had a bad accident.

Sink my boats, once again, sink my boats, crash my plane. Justify, but it has no effect, my reply is that I've been shipwrecked. Sink my boats, once again, sink my boats, sink my boats, once again, sink my boats, crash.


5. Waiting for your taxi.


Waiting for your taxi, which taxi never comes, waiting for your taxi. Waiting for your taxi, which taxi never comes, waiting for your taxi. Waiting for your taxi, which taxi never comes, waiting for your taxi.

Waiting for your taxi, which taxi never comes, waiting for your taxi. Waiting for your taxi, which taxi never comes, waiting for your taxi. Waiting for your taxi, which taxi never comes, waiting for your taxi.

Waiting for your taxi, which taxi never comes waiting for your taxi. Waiting for your taxi, which taxi never comes, waiting for your taxi!


6. This is what we find.


Morning Reg, meat and two veg? He done him with a ten-pound sledge, he done himself a favour crash. Forty-year old housewife Mrs Elizabeth walk of Lambeth walk, had a husband who was jubblified with only half a stalk. So she had a milk of magnesia and curry powder sandwich, half a pound of uncut pork, took an overdose of Omo, this made the neighbours talk. Could have been watching Frankie Vaughn on the telly and giving herself a scratch, this is what we find, this is what we find, this is what we find, this is what we find.

A sense of humour is required, amongst the bacon ring. Hello Brian, wash and iron? Try it on, it's only nylon, single batchelor with little dog Tony Green of Turnham Green said 'who's a clever boy then girl, now you know whom I mean', for the mongrel laid a cable in the sandpit of the playground of the park where they had been, and with a bit of tissue, he wiped its bumhole clean. A bit of claggy on the waggy, this is what we find, this is what we find, this is what we find, this is what we find.

They must have had a funny time, on the Golden Hind, o vanitas vanitatum, which of us is happy in his life, which of us has our desire, or having it, is gratified. Hello Mrs Wood, this boy looks familiar, they used to call him Robin Hood, now he's Robin fucking shit cunt.

Home improvement expert Harold Hill of Harold Hill, of Do-It-Yourself dexterity, and double glazing skill. Came home to find another gentleman's kippers in the grill so he sanded off his winkle with his Black and Decker drill, this is what we find, this is what we find, this is what we find, this is what we find.

The hope that springs eternal, spring’s right up your behind, this is what we find…


7. Uneasy sunny day hoysy totsy.

Bankrupt the banks, we'll hold the rent, shitters are a wank and the landlord's bent, it's time that the ladies kept quiet, no it ain't. Open up the nicks, close down the schools, the law is a prick, not fit to write the rules, it's time that the ladies kept quiet, no, they're cool, time that the ladies kept quiet, no it isn't, don't be silly. Uneasy sunny day, hotsy totsy, uneasy hotsy totsy, sonny Jim.

Question your besotment with a manky job, squat on your alloment for thirty bob, it's time that the ladies kept quiet, shut your gob. Melt the guns, dismantle the bombs, love your neighbor wherever they’re from, it’s time that the ladies kept quiet, up your bum, time that the ladies kept quiet, no it isn’t, don’t be silly. Uneasy sunny day, hotsy totsy, uneasy hotsy totsy sonny Jim. London going junkie, young and full of spunky, don’t care what you tell us, old and fat and jealous. Uneasy hotsy totsy, sunny day.

Pills for fun, damn the news, different choice, different things to choose, it’s time that the ladies kept quiet, drink your booze, time that the ladies kept quiet, no it isn’t, don’t be daft. Uneasy sunny day, hotsy totsy, uneasy hotsy totsy sunny, uneasy sunny day hotsy totsy, uneasy hotsy totsy porkie pies.


8. Mischief.

Robbed R. Pearson's paper, Lauren spent his half, Ricky loves a kicking and he wants to join the guards. Barry breaks the windows of his broken home, have a guess, his tiny mind's been stonned. Lionel touches women when they're walking through the park, he goes through people's gardens nicking laundry in the dark.

Roger left a sleeper across the District Line, yeah, his dad's a shipping clerk. Boys let's have a laugh, let's have some mischief, fill a Durex full of water, throw it on a bus. Take a pigeon to the pictures, let's cause a bit of fuss, a bit of mischief. Let's go bloody raving mad, let's do something really bad, they won't forget the day we’ve had, some mischief.

Jack and Stan are tossing pals like monkeys in the zoo, when they got caught by Gelmont Gibbs they had to wank him too. Incentive didn't want two of Dave, he failed his inter, failed his interview, She's got crinkly hair underneath her underwear, I know cos I've been there, wow, wow.

Don't let's hang about, let's have some mischief. Here, pour a locking fluid on a Bentley, then let down his tyres, let's go and kill some kiosks, start a few more fires, could this be mischief? Let's go completely over the top, let's do the bop that just won't stop, let's go and have another drop of mischief. I'm sorry I done it, I'm sorry I done it, I'm sorry I done it, I'm sorry I done it, I'm sorry I done it, I'm sorry I done it…


9. Dance of the screamers.

So I’m screaming this to you, wah, from the last place in the queue, wah, wah. I really think you’d like me given half a chance but since we ain’t got that, I’ll do the screamers dance.

Some of us are ugly, angel, some of us are only small. Some of us are useless, sailor, they haven’t got the where-with-all. We went and missed the ending, babe, we never quite caught the bus. We never speak our minds, my love, we ain’t got nothing to discuss. Some of us are useless, luv, it comes from facing up to facts, it’s hard to be a hero, handsome, when you’ve had your helmet cracked.

Cheerfulness is catching, sweetie when the fevers you have got. We’ve got a temperature, my dear but we simply haven’t got the hots, so I’m screaming this to you, wah, silly season, skys are blue, wah, wah, wah, I hardly ever think, I’ve made a small advancem, I keep my elbows in and do the screamers dance, dance, waw.

Some of us are stupid, sister, some of us are very shy. Some of us get nervous, chicken, when you look us in the eye. We’re ever so pathetic, chickie, we know quite well that we try too hard. Some of us were born like this, while others got it by the yard. So I’m screaming this to you, wah, ‘cause I haven’t got a clue, wah, I really think I’d like you, given half the chance, as we ain’t got that I’ll do the screamers dance, wah, wah, wah…


10. Lullaby for Francies.

Go to sleep now, Frances, you've done all you can with the day. Safe and sound, that's a promise, you'll be welcome in the Milky Way. Tumble down, tired and true, spirit to restore, a balance is due. Go to sleep now, Frances, close your eyes.

Hang your thoughts up, shut the index, it's time to impose a curfew and you'll get up, fresh and ready with a hundred and one things to do. Drowsy now, here comes a space, call a halt to the steeple chase, go to sleep, Frances, close your eyes.

If your life or some old lover cause concern, or puzzle or perturb, the more you discover, the more you learn, go to sleep, please do not disturb.

Tumble down, tired and true, spirit to restore, a balance is due. Go to sleep now, Frances, close your eyes. Go to sleep now, Frances, close your eyes. Go to sleep now, Frances, go to sleep, Frances, Frances.


· · ·
Año: 1979.
Procedencia de la banda: Upminister, Inglaterra.
· · ·

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario